EXCLUSIVE: In her first series regular role in more than a decade, Cybill Shepherd has closed a deal to co-star opposite Jennifer Love Hewitt in Lifetime’s upcoming drama series The Client List. Based on the network’s 2010 original movie, the Sony TV-produced series stars Hewitt as Riley, a Texas housewife who, after being deserted by her husband, ends up running a massage parlor, The Rub, which offers more than back rubs. Shepherd will play Riley’s mother Lynette, reprising her role from the movie, where the character was named Cassie. This marks Shepherd’s first series regular role since her 1995 sitcom Cybill created by Chuck Lorre. She recently recurred on USA’s Psych, Showtime’s The L Word and ABC’s Eastwick. Shepherd is with Buchwald/Fortitude and the Hofflund Co.
Cybill Shepherd To Co-Star On Lifetime Series 'The Client List'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'