EXCLUSIVE: In her first series regular role in more than a decade, Cybill Shepherd has closed a deal to co-star opposite Jennifer Love Hewitt in Lifetime’s upcoming drama series The Client List. Based on the network’s 2010 original movie, the Sony TV-produced series stars Hewitt as Riley, a Texas housewife who, after being deserted by her husband, ends up running a massage parlor, The Rub, which offers more than back rubs. Shepherd will play Riley’s mother Lynette, reprising her role from the movie, where the character was named Cassie. This marks Shepherd’s first series regular role since her 1995 sitcom Cybill created by Chuck Lorre. She recently recurred on USA’s Psych, Showtime’s The L Word and ABC’s Eastwick. Shepherd is with Buchwald/Fortitude and the Hofflund Co.
Cybill Shepherd To Co-Star On Lifetime Series 'The Client List'
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Andreeva
- Fox Nabs Legal Drama From Alexandra Cunningham & Film 44 As Put Pilot
- Greg Garcia To Produce NBC Comedy With Sebastian Maniscalco Eyed To Star
- 'Bachelor Party' Comedy Series Inspired By Movie Set At ABC As Put Pilot
- Julie Anne Robinson Sells Drama With Shondaland, 'No Angels' Comedy Adaptation With Amblin To ABC
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Neal Baer & Alexandra McNally
- 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Full-Season Orders At CW