The CW announced at TCA today that it has ordered game show Oh Sit! for midseason. The 10-episoe series, created and executive produced by Phil Gurin (The Singing Bee), Richard Joel and Deena Dill, is described as a high-stakes, high-octane musical chairs competition in which 20 daredevils race head to head through five obstacle course-style eliminations as they each compete to claim a chair — to the sounds of a live band. At the end of the hour, only one contestant will be left sitting to win a cash prize. The CW has ordered the series, from Gurin Co and 405 Prods, as part of its effort to boost its original offerings and cut the number of repeats throughout the season.
CW Orders Musical Chairs Game Show: TCA
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips