The CW announced at TCA today that it has ordered game show Oh Sit! for midseason. The 10-episoe series, created and executive produced by Phil Gurin (The Singing Bee), Richard Joel and Deena Dill, is described as a high-stakes, high-octane musical chairs competition in which 20 daredevils race head to head through five obstacle course-style eliminations as they each compete to claim a chair — to the sounds of a live band. At the end of the hour, only one contestant will be left sitting to win a cash prize. The CW has ordered the series, from Gurin Co and 405 Prods, as part of its effort to boost its original offerings and cut the number of repeats throughout the season.
CW Orders Musical Chairs Game Show: TCA
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bill Burr To Star In FX Comedy Pilot From 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' Team
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios