A 23-year-old British student faces possible extradition to the United States for trial on charges of copyright infringement for hosting a website that pointed visitors to illegal download sites. Richard O’Dwyer’s website TV Shack listed links to other websites where users could access movies and TV shows but did not host any content himself. O’Dwyer, a college student, said he undertook TV Shack as a project to improve his skills and job marketability. O’Dwyer sold $230,000 worth of advertising, which he says was necessary because of the massive server fees. “When you’ve got a website with over 300,000 people a month visiting, there’s a need for infrastructure to support that.” O’Dwyer’s attorney said the young man had done nothing more than Google or Yahoo search engines. Ben Cooper, an extradition lawyer, described O’Dwyer as a “guinea pig” because no British citizen has ever been extradited to the United States for a copyright offense. Nonetheless, a London judge upheld the extradition request and sent it to Britain’s Home Secretary for a final decision. O’Dwyer plans to appeal.
Copyright Infringement: British Man Faces Extradition To U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
Looking Under 'Logan Lucky's Hood As 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Stands Tall With $21M Opening - Saturday AM Update
FX Acquires 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Logan', 'Girls Trip', 'Despicable Me 3', 'War For The Planet of the Apes' & More Movies
Boston Police Commissioner Praises "99.9 Percent" Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps "Heal"
Donald Trump Spotlights "Many Anti-Police Agitators" In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
Latest Film News
- ‘Inconceivable’s Jonathan Baker, Who Filed Fraud Suit Against Emmett/Furla, Says He Has What Happened On Film…
- Looking Under ‘Logan Lucky’s Hood As ‘Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Stands Tall With $21M Opening – Saturday…
- Donald Trump Blows Off Kennedy Center Honors; Avoiding “Political Distraction”
- Producer Joel Silver Sued For Wrongful Death In 2015 Drowning Of Assistant In Bora Bora
- Sonny Landham Dies: ‘Predator’ & ‘48 Hrs.’ Actor Was 76
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Crash: Details Emerge In Death Of Stuntwoman Joi Harris