EXCLUSIVE: Comedy Central has given a pilot order to Almost Vacant, created by and starring Canadian actors Nicolas Wright and James A. Woods. The project follows the misadventures of two inept friends, Jim (Woods) and Nic (Wright), as they work at a low-end budget hotel in upper New York. The two are constantly working as hard as they can to do the least amount of work, while a cast of awkward and ineffectual co-workers and friends make their lives more difficult but exponentially more interesting. Wright and Woods, who are writing partners, penned the script and are executive producing the pilot, with Matthew Shewchuk producing. Wright and Woods co-starred together in the award-winning 2003 Canadian indie Hatley High and the IFC comedy The Business. In 2004, Wright, repped by WME and McKeon/Myones, received the most promising newcomer award at Montreal’s Just For Laughs festival for his short film, Toutouffe. In the U.S., he co-starred on the CBS comedy series Accidentally On Purpose. Woods is with Thruline.
Comedy Central Orders Hotel Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'