EXCLUSIVE: Comedy Central has given a pilot order to Almost Vacant, created by and starring Canadian actors Nicolas Wright and James A. Woods. The project follows the misadventures of two inept friends, Jim (Woods) and Nic (Wright), as they work at a low-end budget hotel in upper New York. The two are constantly working as hard as they can to do the least amount of work, while a cast of awkward and ineffectual co-workers and friends make their lives more difficult but exponentially more interesting. Wright and Woods, who are writing partners, penned the script and are executive producing the pilot, with Matthew Shewchuk producing. Wright and Woods co-starred together in the award-winning 2003 Canadian indie Hatley High and the IFC comedy The Business. In 2004, Wright, repped by WME and McKeon/Myones, received the most promising newcomer award at Montreal’s Just For Laughs festival for his short film, Toutouffe. In the U.S., he co-starred on the CBS comedy series Accidentally On Purpose. Woods is with Thruline.
Comedy Central Orders Hotel Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
Latest TV News
- ‘The Fosters’ Renewed For Season 4 By ABC Family
- Charlie Sheen: Winning For ‘Today’ Show
- Nigel Lythgoe To Return For ‘American Idol’ Finale As ‘SYTYCD’ Fate In Limbo
- ‘Star Wars Rebels’ Renewed For Season 3 At Disney XD
- Peter Jackson Directing An Episode Of ‘Doctor Who’?
- Jimmy Fallon Logs Biggest Demo Margin To Date Over Stephen Colbert