EXCLUSIVE: Comedy Central has given a pilot order to Almost Vacant, created by and starring Canadian actors Nicolas Wright and James A. Woods. The project follows the misadventures of two inept friends, Jim (Woods) and Nic (Wright), as they work at a low-end budget hotel in upper New York. The two are constantly working as hard as they can to do the least amount of work, while a cast of awkward and ineffectual co-workers and friends make their lives more difficult but exponentially more interesting. Wright and Woods, who are writing partners, penned the script and are executive producing the pilot, with Matthew Shewchuk producing. Wright and Woods co-starred together in the award-winning 2003 Canadian indie Hatley High and the IFC comedy The Business. In 2004, Wright, repped by WME and McKeon/Myones, received the most promising newcomer award at Montreal’s Just For Laughs festival for his short film, Toutouffe. In the U.S., he co-starred on the CBS comedy series Accidentally On Purpose. Woods is with Thruline.
Comedy Central Orders Hotel Comedy Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Cuts Into 'Scorpion' On West Coast
- Cindy Chupack Sells Girlfriends Comedy To ABC
- Fred Goss Family Comedy Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- ABC Family Picks Up 'Stitchers' And 'Young & Hungry', Cancels 'Mystery Girls', Passes On 'Unstrung'
- Jenna Elfman Inks Development Deal With 20th TV To Topline New Series
- 'Once Upon A Time' & 'Family Guy' Soar; 'Resurrection', 'Revenge' & 'CSI' Down In Return – Ratings Rat Race