EXCLUSIVE: Comedy Central has given a pilot order to Almost Vacant, created by and starring Canadian actors Nicolas Wright and James A. Woods. The project follows the misadventures of two inept friends, Jim (Woods) and Nic (Wright), as they work at a low-end budget hotel in upper New York. The two are constantly working as hard as they can to do the least amount of work, while a cast of awkward and ineffectual co-workers and friends make their lives more difficult but exponentially more interesting. Wright and Woods, who are writing partners, penned the script and are executive producing the pilot, with Matthew Shewchuk producing. Wright and Woods co-starred together in the award-winning 2003 Canadian indie Hatley High and the IFC comedy The Business. In 2004, Wright, repped by WME and McKeon/Myones, received the most promising newcomer award at Montreal’s Just For Laughs festival for his short film, Toutouffe. In the U.S., he co-starred on the CBS comedy series Accidentally On Purpose. Woods is with Thruline.
Comedy Central Orders Hotel Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
'Game Of Thrones' Maestro George R.R. Martin Gets In Business With Warner Bros. Animation: Studio To Adapt Author's 'The Ice Dragon'
Latest TV News
- ‘American Jail’: CNN Films & Roger Ross Williams Team For Docu On Mass-Incarceration Crisis
- YouTube Sets Soccer Travel Series With F2Freestylers
- Donald Trump Jumps At Chance To Cancel Summit, Beating Kim Jong-un To Punch
- ‘Code Black’ Canceled After Three Seasons At CBS
- Amy Poehler, Nick Offerman Would Welcome A ‘Parks And Recreation’ Revival, With Or Without Beyoncé
- ‘The Late Late Show With James Corden’ Set To Return To London