CMT recorded the network’s highest-rated original series telecasts ever on Saturday with the premieres of Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation. Bayou scored a 0.72 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic good for 724,000 viewers, and Redneck drew a 0.7 in the demo and 707,000. That bodes well for the network, which is ramping up its original productions with more series in development than ever before; CMT also recently greenlighted a pair of docu-reality series — one starring Jennie Garth and the other Melissa Rycroft. Other originals bowing this month include Season 3 of Sweet Home Alabama and the new series Swanderosa.
CMT Sets Ratings Records With 'Bayou Billionaires' And 'My Big Redneck Vacation'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' Targets $60M+; 'Bad Moms' Gets Sassy With $26.5M; 'Nerve' Holds Steady - Box Office Friday
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $16M - Friday Matinees
Latest TV News
- Vin Diesel Officially Passes 100M On Facebook But Females Are Top 2016 Social Media Stars
- Boy Meets ‘Girl Meets World’ In Massive ‘Boy Meets World’ Cast Reunion Photo
- ABC Discovers’ Digital Talent Competition Announces Winner
- Howard Dean: Donald Trump Is Our Brexit – TCA
- ‘Superior Donuts’: Darien Sills-Evans & Anna Baryshnikov Cast In New CBS Pilot
- HBO Orders New Alan Ball Series, Extends Overall Deal With ‘Six Feet Under’ Creator