CMT recorded the network’s highest-rated original series telecasts ever on Saturday with the premieres of Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation. Bayou scored a 0.72 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic good for 724,000 viewers, and Redneck drew a 0.7 in the demo and 707,000. That bodes well for the network, which is ramping up its original productions with more series in development than ever before; CMT also recently greenlighted a pair of docu-reality series — one starring Jennie Garth and the other Melissa Rycroft. Other originals bowing this month include Season 3 of Sweet Home Alabama and the new series Swanderosa.
CMT Sets Ratings Records With 'Bayou Billionaires' And 'My Big Redneck Vacation'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Insists To ‘Fox & Friends’ That His Tape Bluff “Wasn’t Very Stupid”
- ‘Secrets & Lies’ Producer Hoodlum Entertainment Inks First-Look Deal With ABC Studios International
- Jay Roth Fete: The Reason You Can’t Get A Hollywood Mogul On The Phone Tonight
- ‘Dynasty’: Netflix To Distribute The CW Reboot Internationally Via Deal With CBS Studios Int’l
- ‘Criminal Minds’ Co-EP Virgil Williams Inks Overall Deal With Universal TV
- ‘Power’ Season 4 Review: ‘Fast & Furious’ Sung Kang Brings More Pedal To Metal