CMT recorded the network’s highest-rated original series telecasts ever on Saturday with the premieres of Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation. Bayou scored a 0.72 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic good for 724,000 viewers, and Redneck drew a 0.7 in the demo and 707,000. That bodes well for the network, which is ramping up its original productions with more series in development than ever before; CMT also recently greenlighted a pair of docu-reality series — one starring Jennie Garth and the other Melissa Rycroft. Other originals bowing this month include Season 3 of Sweet Home Alabama and the new series Swanderosa.
CMT Sets Ratings Records With 'Bayou Billionaires' And 'My Big Redneck Vacation'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban's Pre-Debate Bait; Campaign Manager Says No Trump Ticket For Gennifer Flowers
Alan Cumming To Star In 'Dr. Death' CBS Crime Drama From James Patterson, Michael Rauch & Alex Kurtzman
Disney's 'Zootopia' Jumps Into Clinton-Trump Debate As Oscar & Presidential Campaigns Start To Merge
Latest TV News
- ‘Ice’ Teaser Trailer: First Look At Antoine Fuqua’s Audience Diamond Trade Drama
- HBO’s ‘Westworld’ Gallops Into New York Comic-Con
- ‘Will & Grace’ Distracts Media On Debate Day With Reunion Tease
- Viceland’s ‘Desus & Mero’ Gets Showrunner & Premiere Date
- Jodie Foster To Receive Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award
- Bill Pullman To Star In Jessica Biel’s USA Crime Drama Pilot ‘The Sinner’