CMT recorded the network’s highest-rated original series telecasts ever on Saturday with the premieres of Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation. Bayou scored a 0.72 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic good for 724,000 viewers, and Redneck drew a 0.7 in the demo and 707,000. That bodes well for the network, which is ramping up its original productions with more series in development than ever before; CMT also recently greenlighted a pair of docu-reality series — one starring Jennie Garth and the other Melissa Rycroft. Other originals bowing this month include Season 3 of Sweet Home Alabama and the new series Swanderosa.
CMT Sets Ratings Records With 'Bayou Billionaires' And 'My Big Redneck Vacation'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Stephanie Langhoff Set For Sundance Institute Producer’s Honor
- ‘Celebrity Family Feud’ Lets ‘SNL’ Cast Play The Imitation Game
- Blake Shelton’s Hee-Haw Hoedown Goes Urban Cowboy: ‘SNL’
- Tom Brady’s Balls Rapped In ‘SNL’ DeflateGate Opening Segment
- Rupert Murdoch Raves About ‘American Sniper’, Slams Hollywood Leftists