CMT recorded the network’s highest-rated original series telecasts ever on Saturday with the premieres of Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation. Bayou scored a 0.72 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic good for 724,000 viewers, and Redneck drew a 0.7 in the demo and 707,000. That bodes well for the network, which is ramping up its original productions with more series in development than ever before; CMT also recently greenlighted a pair of docu-reality series — one starring Jennie Garth and the other Melissa Rycroft. Other originals bowing this month include Season 3 of Sweet Home Alabama and the new series Swanderosa.
CMT Sets Ratings Records With 'Bayou Billionaires' And 'My Big Redneck Vacation'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Seville Int’l Brings ‘Sleeping Giant’ To Cannes; Series Mania Fest Boosts Attendance: Global Briefs
- Paul Ryan Dies: Actor, TV Host & ‘ET’ Correspondent Was 69
- Peter Hoffman “Stunned” By Guilty Verdict In Louisiana Tax Fraud Trial – Updated
- Viola Davis To Star In Harriet Tubman HBO Movie From Kirk Ellis, Doug Ellin & Amblin
- Bruce Jenner Interview Hits 17.1M In Final ‘20/20’ Viewership Results – Update
- ‘Unauthorized Full House’ Movie In The Works At Lifetime