CMT recorded the network’s highest-rated original series telecasts ever on Saturday with the premieres of Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation. Bayou scored a 0.72 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic good for 724,000 viewers, and Redneck drew a 0.7 in the demo and 707,000. That bodes well for the network, which is ramping up its original productions with more series in development than ever before; CMT also recently greenlighted a pair of docu-reality series — one starring Jennie Garth and the other Melissa Rycroft. Other originals bowing this month include Season 3 of Sweet Home Alabama and the new series Swanderosa.
CMT Sets Ratings Records With 'Bayou Billionaires' And 'My Big Redneck Vacation'
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Team
- MTV Greenlights Two Unscripted Series For 2015 – 'Broke A$$ Game Show' & 'Todrick'
- Bunim/Murray Opens NYC Office, 'Project Runway' Producer Bagshaw To Head Ops
- 'Hedwig' Producer David Binder Attaches To London Stage Fest
- Ben Bradlee Dead At 93, Washington Post Editor During Watergate Era — Update
- 'American Dad!' Moves to TBS; 2.5 Million Follow
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Tackles Sports And Domestic Violence