CMT recorded the network’s highest-rated original series telecasts ever on Saturday with the premieres of Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation. Bayou scored a 0.72 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic good for 724,000 viewers, and Redneck drew a 0.7 in the demo and 707,000. That bodes well for the network, which is ramping up its original productions with more series in development than ever before; CMT also recently greenlighted a pair of docu-reality series — one starring Jennie Garth and the other Melissa Rycroft. Other originals bowing this month include Season 3 of Sweet Home Alabama and the new series Swanderosa.
CMT Sets Ratings Records With 'Bayou Billionaires' And 'My Big Redneck Vacation'
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah Fracas "Much Ado About Nothing," Millennials Get Him, Says Aasif Mandvi, Quoting 451-Year-Old Playwright
Latest TV News
- AOL, Fox Sports Partner For Online-Video Coproduction, Distribution
- IFC Joins Growing List Of TV Networks Waiting For Live + 3 Ratings Stats
- UTA Brings In Two More CAA Agents — 10 Total Now
- USA Network To Air NHL Playoff Games For First Time In 30 Years
- Monica Lewinsky Invited To ‘The View’ As Search For Rosie Replacement Continues
- David Duchovny Talks ‘The X-Files’ On Letterman: Guess Who’s Coming Back