CMT recorded the network’s highest-rated original series telecasts ever on Saturday with the premieres of Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation. Bayou scored a 0.72 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic good for 724,000 viewers, and Redneck drew a 0.7 in the demo and 707,000. That bodes well for the network, which is ramping up its original productions with more series in development than ever before; CMT also recently greenlighted a pair of docu-reality series — one starring Jennie Garth and the other Melissa Rycroft. Other originals bowing this month include Season 3 of Sweet Home Alabama and the new series Swanderosa.
CMT Sets Ratings Records With 'Bayou Billionaires' And 'My Big Redneck Vacation'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Courteney Cox Comedy ‘Charity Case’ Gets Fox Pilot Order
- Donald Trump & Bernie Sanders Win New Hampshire Primary, TV News Operations Perform Collective Happy Dance
- Showtime Taps Rolling Stone Articles For Docuseries Pilot
- Adam Campbell Cast In NBC’s Tracey Wigfield Comedy Pilot
- Bernie Sanders Books Stephen Colbert’s ‘Late Show’ For NH Primary Victory Lap
- ‘Fuller House’ Trailer: The Tanneritos “Still Look Good” – Update