CMT recorded the network’s highest-rated original series telecasts ever on Saturday with the premieres of Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation. Bayou scored a 0.72 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic good for 724,000 viewers, and Redneck drew a 0.7 in the demo and 707,000. That bodes well for the network, which is ramping up its original productions with more series in development than ever before; CMT also recently greenlighted a pair of docu-reality series — one starring Jennie Garth and the other Melissa Rycroft. Other originals bowing this month include Season 3 of Sweet Home Alabama and the new series Swanderosa.
CMT Sets Ratings Records With 'Bayou Billionaires' And 'My Big Redneck Vacation'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' King Again, Reigns On Newcomer Parade: 'Keanu', 'Mother's Day' & 'Ratchet & Clank' - Sunday Update
Latest TV News
- Jon Snow’s Fate Finally Revealed On ‘Game Of Thrones’ (SPOILERS)
- Daytime Emmy Awards: Complete List Of Winners
- Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan Will Share Custody Of Emmy For Entertainment Talk Show Host After Splitting This Month
- Daytime Emmy Awards Live Blog: ‘General Hospital’ Wins Outstanding Drama Series
- White House Correspondents Dinner: The Five Best Moments
- Larry Wilmore Savages Media, Ignites Controversy During White House Correspondents Dinner Skewering