CMT recorded the network’s highest-rated original series telecasts ever on Saturday with the premieres of Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation. Bayou scored a 0.72 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic good for 724,000 viewers, and Redneck drew a 0.7 in the demo and 707,000. That bodes well for the network, which is ramping up its original productions with more series in development than ever before; CMT also recently greenlighted a pair of docu-reality series — one starring Jennie Garth and the other Melissa Rycroft. Other originals bowing this month include Season 3 of Sweet Home Alabama and the new series Swanderosa.
CMT Sets Ratings Records With 'Bayou Billionaires' And 'My Big Redneck Vacation'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
Latest TV News
- 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick Refuses To Stand For National Anthem: “There Are Bodies In The Street”
- Don Cheadle To Trump After Dwyane Wade Comment: “You Truly Are A POS”
- Telemundo Responds To SAG-AFTRA’s Accusation Of Censorship For Not Airing Ad Critical Of NBCUniversal
- ‘Adam Ruins Everything’ Including The Oscars – With A Little Help From Pete Hammond
- AT&T, HBO Ink All-Platform Content Deal; Programming Set For OTT Service
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy