CMT recorded the network’s highest-rated original series telecasts ever on Saturday with the premieres of Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation. Bayou scored a 0.72 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic good for 724,000 viewers, and Redneck drew a 0.7 in the demo and 707,000. That bodes well for the network, which is ramping up its original productions with more series in development than ever before; CMT also recently greenlighted a pair of docu-reality series — one starring Jennie Garth and the other Melissa Rycroft. Other originals bowing this month include Season 3 of Sweet Home Alabama and the new series Swanderosa.
CMT Sets Ratings Records With 'Bayou Billionaires' And 'My Big Redneck Vacation'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Stephen Colbert: “Bill O'Reilly Is A F—–g Egomaniac”: VIDEO
- Bill O'Reilly And David Letterman Take Compatibility Test: Video
- Universal Ups Nicholas Carpou To President Of Domestic Distribution
- Jesse Owens Biopic 'Race' Release Date Set For April 2016; William Hurt Joins Cast
- Joy Behar Goes Solo; Next Stop, Greenwich Village
- 'Shameless,' 'House of Lies,' 'Episodes' Return To Showtime On January 11