CMT recorded the network’s highest-rated original series telecasts ever on Saturday with the premieres of Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation. Bayou scored a 0.72 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic good for 724,000 viewers, and Redneck drew a 0.7 in the demo and 707,000. That bodes well for the network, which is ramping up its original productions with more series in development than ever before; CMT also recently greenlighted a pair of docu-reality series — one starring Jennie Garth and the other Melissa Rycroft. Other originals bowing this month include Season 3 of Sweet Home Alabama and the new series Swanderosa.
CMT Sets Ratings Records With 'Bayou Billionaires' And 'My Big Redneck Vacation'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'