CMT recorded the network’s highest-rated original series telecasts ever on Saturday with the premieres of Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation. Bayou scored a 0.72 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic good for 724,000 viewers, and Redneck drew a 0.7 in the demo and 707,000. That bodes well for the network, which is ramping up its original productions with more series in development than ever before; CMT also recently greenlighted a pair of docu-reality series — one starring Jennie Garth and the other Melissa Rycroft. Other originals bowing this month include Season 3 of Sweet Home Alabama and the new series Swanderosa.
CMT Sets Ratings Records With 'Bayou Billionaires' And 'My Big Redneck Vacation'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice' Sees $65M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.6M; 'X-Men' Cumes $186M - Intl Box Office
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Sunday AM Update
'The Carmichael Show' Star On Tonight's Donald Trump Fueled Finale, Bill Cosby's Trial, Season 3 & "Big Picture" NBC
Latest TV News
- ‘Top Gear’ Averages 4.3 Million Viewers In Season Opener, Takes Social Media Hits
- ‘The Carmichael Show’ Star On Tonight’s Donald Trump Fueled Finale, Bill Cosby’s Trial, Season 3 & “Big…
- TNT: NBA Western Conference Finals Game 6 Coverage A Ratings Slam Dunk
- ‘Chelsea’ Executive Producer Bill Wolff Departs Netflix Talk Show
- Indie Producers Say They're Getting Shortchanged By California's Tax Incentives Program
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: ‘The Circus’ Is Apt Name For Showtime Docuseries Chronicling…