EXCLUSIVE: A year and a half after the launch of Cineflix Studios, the U.S.-based scripted division of Canadian producer and distributor of non-fiction programming Cineflix, has signed its first studio deal. Cineflix Studios has inked a first-look deal with ABC Studios. Over the past year and a half, under president Christina Wayne, New York-based Cineflix Studios has been in expansion mode, hiring Vlad Wolynetz as President of Production and opening and staffing up a Los Angeles office. The company’s business had been focused primarily on the cable side where it scored its first series order with Copper at BBC America. (Wayne has a cable background, having served as a top development executive at AMC.) The pact with ABC Studios represents a move into broadcast TV.
Cineflix Studios Inks Deal With ABC Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres