EXCLUSIVE: A year and a half after the launch of Cineflix Studios, the U.S.-based scripted division of Canadian producer and distributor of non-fiction programming Cineflix, has signed its first studio deal. Cineflix Studios has inked a first-look deal with ABC Studios. Over the past year and a half, under president Christina Wayne, New York-based Cineflix Studios has been in expansion mode, hiring Vlad Wolynetz as President of Production and opening and staffing up a Los Angeles office. The company’s business had been focused primarily on the cable side where it scored its first series order with Copper at BBC America. (Wayne has a cable background, having served as a top development executive at AMC.) The pact with ABC Studios represents a move into broadcast TV.
Cineflix Studios Inks Deal With ABC Studios
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
'Constantine' Ratings Rise, 'Last Man Standing' Down, 'Shark Tank' Up, 'Blue Bloods' Even; ABC Wins Night In Demo
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup