EXCLUSIVE: A year and a half after the launch of Cineflix Studios, the U.S.-based scripted division of Canadian producer and distributor of non-fiction programming Cineflix, has signed its first studio deal. Cineflix Studios has inked a first-look deal with ABC Studios. Over the past year and a half, under president Christina Wayne, New York-based Cineflix Studios has been in expansion mode, hiring Vlad Wolynetz as President of Production and opening and staffing up a Los Angeles office. The company’s business had been focused primarily on the cable side where it scored its first series order with Copper at BBC America. (Wayne has a cable background, having served as a top development executive at AMC.) The pact with ABC Studios represents a move into broadcast TV.
Cineflix Studios Inks Deal With ABC Studios
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres