EXCLUSIVE: A year and a half after the launch of Cineflix Studios, the U.S.-based scripted division of Canadian producer and distributor of non-fiction programming Cineflix, has signed its first studio deal. Cineflix Studios has inked a first-look deal with ABC Studios. Over the past year and a half, under president Christina Wayne, New York-based Cineflix Studios has been in expansion mode, hiring Vlad Wolynetz as President of Production and opening and staffing up a Los Angeles office. The company’s business had been focused primarily on the cable side where it scored its first series order with Copper at BBC America. (Wayne has a cable background, having served as a top development executive at AMC.) The pact with ABC Studios represents a move into broadcast TV.
Cineflix Studios Inks Deal With ABC Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest TV News
- Netflix Scales Chinese Entry Wall By Striking Licensing Deal With iQiyi
- ‘Rainbow Rangers’: Nickelodeon Acquires CGI-Animated Preschool Series From Genius Brands Int’l
- Directors’ Fortnight Adds Title; Karlovy Vary Sets Tributes – Global Briefs
- Henrik Bastin Re-Ups As CEO At Fabrik Entertainment
- Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred “You Wouldn't Be In The…
- ‘Bates Motel’ Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?