EXCLUSIVE: A year and a half after the launch of Cineflix Studios, the U.S.-based scripted division of Canadian producer and distributor of non-fiction programming Cineflix, has signed its first studio deal. Cineflix Studios has inked a first-look deal with ABC Studios. Over the past year and a half, under president Christina Wayne, New York-based Cineflix Studios has been in expansion mode, hiring Vlad Wolynetz as President of Production and opening and staffing up a Los Angeles office. The company’s business had been focused primarily on the cable side where it scored its first series order with Copper at BBC America. (Wayne has a cable background, having served as a top development executive at AMC.) The pact with ABC Studios represents a move into broadcast TV.
Cineflix Studios Inks Deal With ABC Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- Matt Corman & Chris Ord Join CW Drama ‘Containment’ As Co-Showrunners
- Nazneen Contractor Joins NBC’s ‘Heroes Reborn'; Aoibhinn McGinnity In Cinemax’s ‘Quarry’
- Michael Nyqvist Signs With ICM Partners
- Nicholas D’Agosto Returns To ‘Gotham’ As Series Regular
- Sony Eyes Relaunching TriStar Television Banner Run By Suzanne Patmore Gibbs
- ‘Jane The Virgin’ Emmy Campaign Employs Gina Rodriguez’s Own Words