Not very encouraging news for CBS’ rebranded morning show: In its first week, CBS This Morning, hosted by Gayle King, CHarlie Rose and Erica Hill, averaged 2.7 million viewers, 1.1 million of them in the adults 25-54 demographic. It finished well behind NBC’s Today (5.5 million, 2.4 million) and ABC’s Good Morning America (4.9 million, 2.0 million). What’s more, CBS This Morning was down 10% in total viewers and 13% in 25-54 from the same week last year, which marked the second week of the revamped CBS Early Show with Hill, Chris Wragge and Dave Price as hosts. This was the steepest decline among all broadcast morning programs despite This Morning featuring high-profile guests including Michelle Obama. (In several big markets — including Atlanta, Detroit, Tampa and Orlando — This Morning was even beaten by Fox News’ Fox & Friends in total viewers.) Today was down 6% in total viewers and 10% in 25-54, while GMA was actually up, 3% in total viewers and 10% in 25-54. GMA posted its smallest weekly demo margin with Today in more than two years. GMA co-host George Stephanopoulos also is bringing gains to ABC’s This Week in his return as host. In its second outing on January 15, This Week With George Stephanopoulos drew 2.7 million viewers and 780,000 adults 25-54, up 12%/4% from Stephanopoulos’ 2012 debut and posting the program’s largest audience in 10 months.
'CBS This Morning' Debut Week Down From Last Year, 'Today' Also Down While 'GMA' Up
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
Latest TV News
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices