Not very encouraging news for CBS’ rebranded morning show: In its first week, CBS This Morning, hosted by Gayle King, CHarlie Rose and Erica Hill, averaged 2.7 million viewers, 1.1 million of them in the adults 25-54 demographic. It finished well behind NBC’s Today (5.5 million, 2.4 million) and ABC’s Good Morning America (4.9 million, 2.0 million). What’s more, CBS This Morning was down 10% in total viewers and 13% in 25-54 from the same week last year, which marked the second week of the revamped CBS Early Show with Hill, Chris Wragge and Dave Price as hosts. This was the steepest decline among all broadcast morning programs despite This Morning featuring high-profile guests including Michelle Obama. (In several big markets — including Atlanta, Detroit, Tampa and Orlando — This Morning was even beaten by Fox News’ Fox & Friends in total viewers.) Today was down 6% in total viewers and 10% in 25-54, while GMA was actually up, 3% in total viewers and 10% in 25-54. GMA posted its smallest weekly demo margin with Today in more than two years. GMA co-host George Stephanopoulos also is bringing gains to ABC’s This Week in his return as host. In its second outing on January 15, This Week With George Stephanopoulos drew 2.7 million viewers and 780,000 adults 25-54, up 12%/4% from Stephanopoulos’ 2012 debut and posting the program’s largest audience in 10 months.
'CBS This Morning' Debut Week Down From Last Year, 'Today' Also Down While 'GMA' Up
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Imagine Entertainment Takes Controlling Interest In Comedy Series Producer Jax Media
- California’s IMDb Age Law Violates First Amendment, Federal Court Rules; SAG-AFTRA “Extremely Disappointed”…
- Donald Trump Signs Memorandum Directing AG Jeff Sessions To “Propose Regulations” Banning Bump Stocks
- Netflix's Sabrina The Teenage Witch Series Casts Miranda Otto As Aunt Zelda
- Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives…
- Disney Channel’s ‘Zombies’ Premiere Beats Friday Olympics In Kid Demos