CBS has greenlighted to pilot Trooper, a character-based procedural drama from Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Warner Bros. The project, written by Aron Eli Coleite (NBC’s Heroes), centers on a common-sense mother-turned-New York state trooper. Coleite, Bruckheimer and Jonathan Littman are executive producing, with Bruckheimer TV’s KristieAnne Reed co-executive producing. Trooper was one of the first major sales this season, landing a put pilot commitment in August. It was a very active selling season for Bruckheimer TV with four significant commitments, including three put pilots for Trooper, a Navy SEALs drama at ABC and a 1980s wrestling show at NBC. The pickup for Trooper brings the company back in series contention after sitting last pilot season out with no production order for the first time in a decade. Coleite’s fortunes have risen fast since the August sale of Trooper to CBS. In the past few months, he saw his feature spec The End sell to Warner Bros and land on the 2011 Black List, while his pitch Hellbent went to New Regency.
CBS Picks Up Jerry Bruckheimer Procedural
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jack Reacher 2' Arm-Wrestling 'Madea' For No. 1; Audiences Aren't 'Keeping Up With The Joneses' - Midday Update
Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin' Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
Stephen Colbert's Live Post-Debate 'Late Show' Tops Household Ratings But Edged By Jimmy Kimmel In Demo
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Female Ensemble Comedy From ‘Faking It’ Creators
- Ellen Wong Joins Netflix’s ‘G.L.O.W.; ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Adds Sydney Morton
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- ABC Buys Couples Comedy From Amy Harris, Ben Silverman & Jordan Schur
- Sony Pictures Int’l Pacts With Producers Eduardo Cisneros & Jason Shuman
- ‘Madonna: Rebel Heart Tour’ Concert Film To Premiere On Showtime