CBS has greenlighted to pilot Trooper, a character-based procedural drama from Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Warner Bros. The project, written by Aron Eli Coleite (NBC’s Heroes), centers on a common-sense mother-turned-New York state trooper. Coleite, Bruckheimer and Jonathan Littman are executive producing, with Bruckheimer TV’s KristieAnne Reed co-executive producing. Trooper was one of the first major sales this season, landing a put pilot commitment in August. It was a very active selling season for Bruckheimer TV with four significant commitments, including three put pilots for Trooper, a Navy SEALs drama at ABC and a 1980s wrestling show at NBC. The pickup for Trooper brings the company back in series contention after sitting last pilot season out with no production order for the first time in a decade. Coleite’s fortunes have risen fast since the August sale of Trooper to CBS. In the past few months, he saw his feature spec The End sell to Warner Bros and land on the 2011 Black List, while his pitch Hellbent went to New Regency.
CBS Picks Up Jerry Bruckheimer Procedural
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- TBS Orders 'Wrecked' Deserted Island Comedy Pilot That Echoes 'Lost'
- Peter Jacobson, Alex Neustaedter & Gonzalo Menendez JoinUSA Pilot 'Colony'
- 'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
- Mark Gordon Co. To Adapt Novel 'Plus One', Revisit 'True Blue' For ABC
- Elizabeth Banks To Produce & Direct ABC Comedy From Caroline Williams
- Ex-NBA Star Baron Davis Gets Comedy About His Life Produced By Jake Johnson