In a last-minute buy, CBS has picked up a comedy spec produced by one of its stars, Mike & Molly leading lady Melissa McCarthy. The untitled comedy was written by McCarthy’s husband, actor-writer Ben Falcone and fellow actor Larry Dorf through Warner Bros. TV, the studio behind Mike & Molly. It centers on David Gell, who learns that there’s no place like home…unless home is your parents’ house and you’re 37 years old. McCarthy will co-executive produce, with Falcone and Dorf serving as supervising producers. The project will be in contention for this pickup cycle, along with another comedy McCarthy and Falcone have at CBS and WBTV about a woman in her mid-40s who has a spectacular midlife crisis. McCarthy and Falcone, repped by CAA and Christian Donatelli, co-wrote that script together. The project marked McCarthy’s first pilot script sale and was set up at the network shortly before the actress won an Emmy for her role in Mike & Molly in September. Dorf is with Naomi Odenkirk.
CBS Buys Ben Falcone/Larry Dorf Comedy Spec Produced By Melissa McCarthy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Nosing Out 'Pitch Perfect' For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series