In a last-minute buy, CBS has picked up a comedy spec produced by one of its stars, Mike & Molly leading lady Melissa McCarthy. The untitled comedy was written by McCarthy’s husband, actor-writer Ben Falcone and fellow actor Larry Dorf through Warner Bros. TV, the studio behind Mike & Molly. It centers on David Gell, who learns that there’s no place like home…unless home is your parents’ house and you’re 37 years old. McCarthy will co-executive produce, with Falcone and Dorf serving as supervising producers. The project will be in contention for this pickup cycle, along with another comedy McCarthy and Falcone have at CBS and WBTV about a woman in her mid-40s who has a spectacular midlife crisis. McCarthy and Falcone, repped by CAA and Christian Donatelli, co-wrote that script together. The project marked McCarthy’s first pilot script sale and was set up at the network shortly before the actress won an Emmy for her role in Mike & Molly in September. Dorf is with Naomi Odenkirk.
CBS Buys Ben Falcone/Larry Dorf Comedy Spec Produced By Melissa McCarthy
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Netflix Gets Makeover With Property Original ‘Amazing On The Inside’
- Ioan Gruffudd’s Disney-Produced ‘Harrow’ Scores Second Season Ahead Of Debut
- Stephen King’s ‘The Bone Church’ To Be Developed For Series By Chris Long & David Ayer’s…
- Disney Channel Launching Toon Series ‘Amphibia’ & ‘The Owl House’, Renews ‘Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil’ For…
- Olympics Ratings Rise With Russian Skating Drama, Steady With Sochi 2014
- Abrams Artists Agency Expands Alternative Programming & Digital Department With New Hire