In a last-minute buy, CBS has picked up a comedy spec produced by one of its stars, Mike & Molly leading lady Melissa McCarthy. The untitled comedy was written by McCarthy’s husband, actor-writer Ben Falcone and fellow actor Larry Dorf through Warner Bros. TV, the studio behind Mike & Molly. It centers on David Gell, who learns that there’s no place like home…unless home is your parents’ house and you’re 37 years old. McCarthy will co-executive produce, with Falcone and Dorf serving as supervising producers. The project will be in contention for this pickup cycle, along with another comedy McCarthy and Falcone have at CBS and WBTV about a woman in her mid-40s who has a spectacular midlife crisis. McCarthy and Falcone, repped by CAA and Christian Donatelli, co-wrote that script together. The project marked McCarthy’s first pilot script sale and was set up at the network shortly before the actress won an Emmy for her role in Mike & Molly in September. Dorf is with Naomi Odenkirk.
CBS Buys Ben Falcone/Larry Dorf Comedy Spec Produced By Melissa McCarthy
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'