In a last-minute buy, CBS has picked up a comedy spec produced by one of its stars, Mike & Molly leading lady Melissa McCarthy. The untitled comedy was written by McCarthy’s husband, actor-writer Ben Falcone and fellow actor Larry Dorf through Warner Bros. TV, the studio behind Mike & Molly. It centers on David Gell, who learns that there’s no place like home…unless home is your parents’ house and you’re 37 years old. McCarthy will co-executive produce, with Falcone and Dorf serving as supervising producers. The project will be in contention for this pickup cycle, along with another comedy McCarthy and Falcone have at CBS and WBTV about a woman in her mid-40s who has a spectacular midlife crisis. McCarthy and Falcone, repped by CAA and Christian Donatelli, co-wrote that script together. The project marked McCarthy’s first pilot script sale and was set up at the network shortly before the actress won an Emmy for her role in Mike & Molly in September. Dorf is with Naomi Odenkirk.
CBS Buys Ben Falcone/Larry Dorf Comedy Spec Produced By Melissa McCarthy
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast
- Peter Gallagher & Olivia Thirlby Join Fox Pilot 'Detour' Inspired By Rivers Cuomo
- Jack Cutmore-Scott To Play Title Role In Fox Pilot ‘Cooper Barrett’s Guide’
- Murder Case Involving Texas Justice of the Peace To Be Developed As HBO Film