EXCLUSIVE: Disney has set Brian Beletic, a hotshot commercials director, to make his feature helming debut on the untitled film that’s inspired by the theme park Matterhorn ride. The studio is calling the film its “Untitled Explorers Project.” The logline: a small group of young, super adventure/explorers, each with a specific skill set, are brought to the remote backcountry of the Pennine Alps under various guises for a trek across one of the planet’s remaining untouched realms. They do this with extreme skiing, snowboarding and mountaineering. Beletic is a co-founder of Smuggler and a top commercials director whose blurbs include Nike’s “Human Chain” spots and who has made videos with the likes of The Black Eyed Peas. Disney felt he could be its latest find after the studio gave starts to Tron: Legacy‘s Joseph Kosinski and The Muppets‘ James Bobin. Jason Dean Hall wrote the script and Justin Springer is producing. The studio has hired Brain Farm Cinema as production consultants. They created the extreme snowboarding film Art Of Flight.
Brian Beletic To Direct Disney Film Inspired By Matterhorn
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot - Update
Latest Film News
- Sonny Landham Dies: ‘Predator’ Actor Was 76
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Crash: Details Emerge In Death Of Stuntwoman Joi Harris
- Warner Bros Touts $1B ‘Conjuring’ Universe With ‘Annabelle: Creation’ Success
- Roman Polanski Denied Dismissal Of 1977 Rape Case; Vital Testimony Stays Sealed
- Sony Pictures Hires Exec From Focus, Promotes Another Ahead Of Toronto
- David Mackenzie’s ‘Outlaw King’ Adds Billy Howle