EXCLUSIVE: Disney has set Brian Beletic, a hotshot commercials director, to make his feature helming debut on the untitled film that’s inspired by the theme park Matterhorn ride. The studio is calling the film its “Untitled Explorers Project.” The logline: a small group of young, super adventure/explorers, each with a specific skill set, are brought to the remote backcountry of the Pennine Alps under various guises for a trek across one of the planet’s remaining untouched realms. They do this with extreme skiing, snowboarding and mountaineering. Beletic is a co-founder of Smuggler and a top commercials director whose blurbs include Nike’s “Human Chain” spots and who has made videos with the likes of The Black Eyed Peas. Disney felt he could be its latest find after the studio gave starts to Tron: Legacy‘s Joseph Kosinski and The Muppets‘ James Bobin. Jason Dean Hall wrote the script and Justin Springer is producing. The studio has hired Brain Farm Cinema as production consultants. They created the extreme snowboarding film Art Of Flight.
Brian Beletic To Direct Disney Film Inspired By Matterhorn
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ’10 Cloverfield Lane’ Super Bowl Trailer: Kind Of Like ‘Close Encounters’?
- ‘Deadpool’ Super Bowl Trailer: Snark And Bloodshed
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Super Bowl TV Spot: “You Chose The Wrong Side”
- Ray Colcord Dies: Emmy-Nominated Television Composer Was 66
- ‘Revenant’, ‘Martian’ & More In Global Milestones; ‘Kung Fu Panda’ Tops $100M In China – Intl Box…
- Newcomers ‘Regression’, ‘Southbound’ Open Slow Against Oscar Contenders – Specialty Box Office