Continuing to round up the old troops, Ben Silverman’s IAC-owned multimedia studio Electus has named John Pollak president of the newly-formed Electus International. The former EVP of Shine International worked with Silverman and Electus CEO Chris Grant at Reveille to launch Reveille International which later became Shine International. At Electus, Pollak is overseeing the international strategy and execution for the group’s content labels. He is responsible for the distribution of Electus’ programming as well as 3rd party programs and formats. Said Grant: “Similar to the early days at Reveille, we are implementing a strategy to deliver the greatest possible revenue to our creative partners. We will not force our content through any one specific partner around the globe. For that reason, it is essential that we have the best sales team and the best leader for that team. I am thrilled that John Pollak is joining us as President of Electus International. John is, without a doubt, the right person for this job.” At Shine, Pollak drove sales for such non-scripted formats as Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?, The Biggest Loser, American Gladiators and MasterChef. At Electus, he will continue the international expansion initiated by the partnership between Electus and Chris Philip’s production and distribution company Engine Entertainment. Philip will remain president of Engine and will spearhead a new global scripted production initiative.
Ben Silverman's Electus Adds Former Shine EVP John Pollak To Run International
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Weinstein Co Acquires 'Roald Dahl's Esio Trot' With Judi Dench & Dustin Hoffman
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”
- 'X Factor UK' With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)
- Update: Oz Grants Disney Transfer Of Tax Incentive To Lure 'Pirates 5′ Down Under