Ben Kingsley and Brandon Soo Hoo (G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra) are set to join Harrison Ford, Asa Butterfield, Hailee Stanfield and Abigail Breslin in the film version of Orson Scott Card’s bestselling novel Ender’s Game. The feature is a futuristic adventure a young strategist (Butterfield) who is drafted by the International Fleet to save the human race from hostile alien invaders. Kingsley, repped by CAA and the UK’s Independent Talent Group, will play Mazer Rackham, a legendary war hero. Soo Hoo, repped by Paradigm and DreamScope, will play Fly Molo. Summit Entertainment is co-financing and will release the film domestically March 15, 2013. Production is set for next month in New Orleans.
Ben Kingsley Joins Cast Of 'Ender's Game'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Wonder Woman' Promo Features 'Supergirl's Melissa Benoist, Chyler Leigh, Lynda Carter & Teri Hatcher
Latest Film News
- Tom Cruise Says ‘Top Gun 2’ Will Be Filming “In The Next Year”
- Sony Pegs Release Dates For ‘The Nightingale’ And ‘Charlie’s Angels’
- Bona Film Group Stakes $80M On Roland Emmerich/Mark Gordon WWII Battle Pic ‘Midway:’ Cannes
- Film Allman Loses Case Against New York Marine Insurer: “No New Info From FBI”
- Youth Revolution On The Croisette As Screen Kids Take Over Cannes
- Damien Chazelle Finds The “Fertile Terrain” Of An Industry In Upheaval – Deadline Disruptors