About 37.75 million viewers watched President Obama’s 2012 State of the Union address, which featured a farewell appearance by Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and aired live across 14 broadcast and cable networks. That was down 12% from last year’s speech, which was watched by 42.79 million people and down 21% from Obama’s first State of the Union in 2010 (48 million). Like his approval ratings, Obama’s TV ratings have been sliding since the post-inauguration high of 52.37 million viewers who tuned in for his address to the joint session of Congress in February 2009. Among the cable news networks, Fox News dominated the field with 3.8 million viewers vs. 2.8 million for MSNBC and 2.7 million for CNN.
Barack Obama's State Of The Union Ratings Continue To Decline, Down 12% From 2011
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
George & Amal Clooney Joined By Katzenbergs In $500,000 Donations To March For Our Lives: Will Others In Hollywood Follow?
Latest TV News
- Steven Spielberg & Kate Capshaw Answer Call, Donate $500,000 & Join Clooneys, Katzenbergs In March For Our Lives…
- ‘Good Girls’ & ‘McMafia’ Review: NBC Series Is Aces; No Nutrition In AMC Drama
- Lauren Cohan To Star In ‘Whiskey Cavalier’ ABC Pilot, Could Return To ‘Walking Dead’
- Netflix Orders ‘Tuca & Bertie’ Animated Series Starring Tiffany Haddish From ‘Bojack…
- Bill Gates To Guest Star In ‘The Big Bang Theory’
- Katie Holmes To Star In Ilene Chaiken & Melissa Scrivner Love’s Fox Drama Pilot