Not even Aaron Sorkin can make up stuff this good. Australian infrastructure minister Anthony Albanese plagiarized speech lines from the 1995 film The American President starring Michael Douglas. The politician did it in front of the National Press Club. The opposition party quickly released the video headed ”Albo, you’re no Michael Douglas”. Albanese tweeted in reply: ”D’oh! Stuff up. (For the record, that comes from another great American, Homer Simpson).” Albanese is claiming he didn’t know the words, prepared for him by someone else, had been used in the film:
Aussie Politician Plagiarizes Michael Douglas Speech In 'American President'
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Family-Branded Films On Fire: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Headed To $90M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty With $40M+
- Jazz Doc 'I Called Him Morgan' Hits Solid Note; 'Wilson' Walks Slow – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Sing’ Gives Voice To $600M At Worldwide Box Office
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Nears $700M WW; ‘Kong’ Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore – International Box…
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- Watch Public Memorial For Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher Livestreamed Here – Update