The revival of the Emmy-winning sitcom Arrested Development has taken another big step: According to series writer and co-exec producer Dean Lorey, the entire original cast is returning. Lorey via his blog also wrote that he, Mitch Hurwitz and Jim Vallely are penning a new season to premiere next year, and that shooting begins in 2012, with “offices and parking spaces” already set up. The cast — Will Arnett, Jason Bateman, Portia de Rossi, Michael Cera, Tony Hale, Jeffrey Tambor, David Cross, Alia Shawkat and Jessica Walter — all expressed interest in reprising their roles and supported the idea during a panel back in October. But two months after Netflix picked up rights to the series, there are still no formal deals between castmembers and series producer 20th Century Fox TV. Lorey on his blog apologized that “even the schedule is being kept under wraps,” so he didn’t dish any more information on the series. The exact number of episodes has not been determined, though Hurwitz at one point indicated the idea was to do a limited 9-10 episode series that would serve as a bridge between the original series and a long-gestating feature film.
'Arrested Development' Writer: Original Cast Is Back, And “There Are Offices And Parking Spaces”
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Feels "Blessed" By Donald Trump's Pick Of Potty-Mouth Scaramucci As Communications Chief
'Devil's Bargain': Blumhouse TV Acquires Book About Steve Bannon & Donald Trump For Limited Series Adaptation
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest TV News
- Anthony Scaramucci Might Attend Politicon Confab After All
- ‘The Night Shift’ Ratings Hit Season High; ‘Big Brother’ & CBS Top Night
- ‘Secret Life Of Muslims’ Web Series Returns For Season 2 With Funding Push
- 'My Dinner With Hervé': Mark Povinelli & Helena Mattsson Join Cast Of HBO Movie
- ‘Transparent’ Season 4 Trailer: Maura & Family Head To Israel
- Ryan Lizza Punches Back At Anthony Scaramucci Claims About Profane Interview