EXCLUSIVE: Charlie Sheen is close to getting a therapist and an ex-wife on his new FX comedy series Anger Management. I hear that after today’s studio tests, frontrunner Selma Blair is moving to the next stage for the role of the therapist, along with Elaine Hendrix. Remaining in contention to play Charlie’s ex-wife are Becker alumna Shawnee Smith and Kate Reinders (ABC’s Work It). The quartet were among seven actresses invited to test for the parts today. The four finalists are expected to meet with FX next. On the Lionsgate TV-produced Anger Management, which has an initial 10-episode order from FX, Sheen portrays Charlie, a former baseball player with anger issues who winds up as an unconventional anger management therapist. There are three other leads on the series — all female: Charlie’s own therapist, envisioned as a love interest for him; his ex-wife; and his 13-year-old daughter. Under the model employed by Lionsgate’s Debmar-Mercury, if the 10-episode run hits a ratings target, that will trigger a 90-episode order by FX, which would be produced on an accelerated schedule over the next two years.
'Anger Management' Narrows Female Field
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Andreeva
- Resolution Agent Jennifer Good Goes To Paradigm
- Leslie Jones Named 'Saturday Night Live' Cast Member
- Rainn Wilson To Produce Comedy Starring Vine Favorites, Including Curtis Lepore & Jerry Purpdrank
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' Picked Up For Season 3, Holiday Special By USA