EXCLUSIVE: Charlie Sheen is close to getting a therapist and an ex-wife on his new FX comedy series Anger Management. I hear that after today’s studio tests, frontrunner Selma Blair is moving to the next stage for the role of the therapist, along with Elaine Hendrix. Remaining in contention to play Charlie’s ex-wife are Becker alumna Shawnee Smith and Kate Reinders (ABC’s Work It). The quartet were among seven actresses invited to test for the parts today. The four finalists are expected to meet with FX next. On the Lionsgate TV-produced Anger Management, which has an initial 10-episode order from FX, Sheen portrays Charlie, a former baseball player with anger issues who winds up as an unconventional anger management therapist. There are three other leads on the series — all female: Charlie’s own therapist, envisioned as a love interest for him; his ex-wife; and his 13-year-old daughter. Under the model employed by Lionsgate’s Debmar-Mercury, if the 10-episode run hits a ratings target, that will trigger a 90-episode order by FX, which would be produced on an accelerated schedule over the next two years.
'Anger Management' Narrows Female Field
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- John Cena, Millie Bobby Brown Salute ‘March For Our Lives’ At Kids’ Choice Awards
- FX Pulls the Plug On Marvel's Deadpool Animated TV Series From Donald Glover
- ‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Showrunners & Cast On Season 4: “A Journey From Isolation To Community”…
- ‘Chicago Fire’ Family Mourns Death Of DuShon Monique Brown – Reactions
- ‘Lost In Space’: Netflix Debuts Remake At Wondercon With Leading Women And Intergalactic Family Dysfunction
- UCLA Entertainment Symposium Tackles Paramount Issues With COO