EXCLUSIVE: Charlie Sheen is close to getting a therapist and an ex-wife on his new FX comedy series Anger Management. I hear that after today’s studio tests, frontrunner Selma Blair is moving to the next stage for the role of the therapist, along with Elaine Hendrix. Remaining in contention to play Charlie’s ex-wife are Becker alumna Shawnee Smith and Kate Reinders (ABC’s Work It). The quartet were among seven actresses invited to test for the parts today. The four finalists are expected to meet with FX next. On the Lionsgate TV-produced Anger Management, which has an initial 10-episode order from FX, Sheen portrays Charlie, a former baseball player with anger issues who winds up as an unconventional anger management therapist. There are three other leads on the series — all female: Charlie’s own therapist, envisioned as a love interest for him; his ex-wife; and his 13-year-old daughter. Under the model employed by Lionsgate’s Debmar-Mercury, if the 10-episode run hits a ratings target, that will trigger a 90-episode order by FX, which would be produced on an accelerated schedule over the next two years.
'Anger Management' Narrows Female Field
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- FIFA President Sepp Blatter Targeted As Visa, Coke Turn Up Pressure
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM