After NBC’s executive session at TCA this morning, NBC chairman Bob Greenblatt addressed the future of 30 Rock star Alec Baldwin, who had hinted in interviews that he may leave the NBC comedy when his original contract was up at the end of this season. Greenblatt said that the network “quietly re-upped” the Emmy-winning actor with political ambitions for next season. However, the series itself has not been renewed for Season 7. A decision on the future of 30 Rock, whose sixth season launches next week, will be made closer to the upfronts after the network sees how the show performs this season and screens its pilots, Greenblatt said.
Alec Baldwin Set To Return to NBC's '30 Rock' If Series Is Renewed
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'