A U.S. District judge in Seattle last month ordered the anonymous actress suing IMDb for age discrimination to use her name on the lawsuit — or it couldn’t go forward. So today, Huong Hoang (pictured) who acts using the stage name Junie Hoang, amended and refiled the $1 million suit using her real name. Hoang originally sued IMDb and parent company Amazon as Jane Doe, alleging that the popular online film and TV database posted her age (40) on the site without her permission, after which time offers for younger roles decreased in frequency (her posted resume on the site says she can play ages 26-33). The lawsuit spurred reaction from Hollywood guilds, who took up Huong’s fight as an example of age discrimination for actors in the entertainment industry. IMDb and Amazon eventually denied any wrongdoing, and the Seattle judge said the complaint couldn’t go forward without a legal name on it. Hoang — whose credits include the film Gingerdead Man 3: Saturday Night Cleaver, a role as a nurse on the reality TV series I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant as well as commercials and industrial videos — is suing for breach of contract and invasion of privacy.
Actress Who Is Suing IMDb Now Has A Name
What's Hot on Deadline
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers
'The Assassination Of Gianni Versace' Season Finale: What Does Designer's Murder Mean 20 Years Later?
Latest Film News
- John McEnroe Documentary Being Served Up For August Release Via Oscilloscope
- Netflix Sets May Start For Wash Westmoreland’s ‘The Earthquake Bird;’ Alicia Vikander, Riley Keough To Star
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Trailer Arrives: It’s An X-Force To Be Reckoned With
- ‘Monty Python’ Heads To Netflix As SVOD Service Picks Up Entire Comedy Catalog
- BFI Reports Reveal How UK Films Fared At 2017 Global Box Office & On Awards Circuit
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers