EXCLUSIVE: ABC Entertainment Group’s consolidated casting department, which handled casting for the network and ABC Studios, has been split into two teams under Keli Lee, EVP casting, ABC Entertainment Television Group. She will oversee both with emphasis on ABC. VP Ayo Davis, executive director Randi Chugerman and VP Sandi Logan will handle casting on the network side, while VP Claudia Ramsumair will spearhead casting for ABC Studios, working with director John Villacorta, manager Marcello Bellisario and Peachy Pascual. The move is aimed at having the two departments focus on the specific needs of the network and the studio. After supplying almost exclusively ABC for the past few years, ABC Studios ramped up sales to outside networks this season with big commitments at NBC, Fox and CBS, including a pilot order for drama Beautiful People at NBC. People in the casting community welcomed the news of the reorganization, noting that it will likely bring more clarity in their dealings with ABC and ABC Studios.
ABC Splits Network And Studio Casting Into Separate Departments
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot