ABC has given a cast-contingent pilot order to White Van Man, a blue collar ensemble comedy based on the British series of the same name. Former My Name Is Earl executive producer Bobby Bowman wrote the adaptation for ABC Studios and studio-based Mark Gordon Co. The single-camera show centers on a man who is forced to put his dreams on hold in order to take over the family handyman business from his father. The ITV Studios-produced original, which premiered on BBC Three last year, was created by Adrian Poynton. The series takes its name from the UK phrase that describes the stereotype for drivers of light commercial vehicles, often self-employed or owning small businesses such as handyman services. After working with Greg Garcia on his previous 2 series, CBS’ Yes, Dear and NBC’s My Name Is Earl, ICM-repped Bowman serves as a co-executive producer on Garcia’s newest series, Fox’s Raising Hope.
ABC Picks Up 'White Van Man' Comedy Pilot From Bobby Bowman And Mark Gordon
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- ‘The Apprentice’ Launched Donald Trump’s Presidential Bid, ‘Frontline: The Choice 2016…
- Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg Pens Strong Endorsement Of Hillary Clinton
- ‘Hell On Wheels’ Series Finale Draws 2.5 Million Viewers In Live+3
- ‘Mercy Street’ Season 2 Stresses Drama Of Battle Scenes, Corset Lacing & Fingernails – TCA
- Nat Geo Greenlights ‘The Long Road Home’ Event Series Based On Martha Raddatz Book
- Michael Giordano Upped To SVP Business Affairs At 20th Century Fox TV