ABC has given a cast-contingent pilot order to White Van Man, a blue collar ensemble comedy based on the British series of the same name. Former My Name Is Earl executive producer Bobby Bowman wrote the adaptation for ABC Studios and studio-based Mark Gordon Co. The single-camera show centers on a man who is forced to put his dreams on hold in order to take over the family handyman business from his father. The ITV Studios-produced original, which premiered on BBC Three last year, was created by Adrian Poynton. The series takes its name from the UK phrase that describes the stereotype for drivers of light commercial vehicles, often self-employed or owning small businesses such as handyman services. After working with Greg Garcia on his previous 2 series, CBS’ Yes, Dear and NBC’s My Name Is Earl, ICM-repped Bowman serves as a co-executive producer on Garcia’s newest series, Fox’s Raising Hope.
ABC Picks Up 'White Van Man' Comedy Pilot From Bobby Bowman And Mark Gordon
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast