ABC has given the pilot green light to Gilded Lillys, a period drama written/executive produced by The Nine co-creator KJ Steinberg and executive produced by Shonda Rhimes. Set in 1895 New York City, Gilded Lillys is described as an epic love story that follows the opening of the first luxury hotel in the city and the intermingling of love, treachery and disdain between the classes. The project, from ABC Studios and Rhimes’ studio-based Shondaland, was one of ABC’s first buys in August and is now among the network’s first pilot pickups. It follows the orders to Roland Emmerich’s metaphysical drama and Shawn Ryan/Karl Gajdusek’s Last Resort. Steinberg, who spent four seasons on Gossip Girl as co-executive producer, made a two-script deal at ABC Studios at the beginning of this season. Her other project under the pact, Mistresses, is still in contention for a pilot pickup at ABC. Rhimes, who is executive producing Gilded Lillys with Steinberg and Betsy Beers, sold a slew of projects through Shondaland this season. Her next ABC series, drama Scandal, launches in April. It was the first pilot to get the green light last pilot season.
ABC Picks Up Shonda Rhimes/KJ Steinberg Period Drama Pilot 'Gilded Lillys'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
Latest TV News
- Cécile Frot-Coutaz Exiting As CEO Of FremantleMedia
- ‘Supernatural’ EPs & Cast On Potential Season 14 Pick Up & What To Expect In The Remaining Episodes
- Jimmy Kimmel Lacerates Donald Trump For Congratulating Vladimir Putin On Fixed Election Win
- As The Weinstein World Turns, Industry Asks: Who Is Lantern Asset Management?
- Olivia De Havilland’s Lawyers Make Her Case In ‘Feud’ Appeals Hearing
- Bankruptcy Court Approves Weinstein Co.’s Plans To Keep Lights On, Employees Paid