New Adventures Of Old Christine creator Kari Lizer has emerged as an early star of the broadcast pilot season with 2 orders. On the heels of NBC greenlighting her female buddy comedy Friday evening, ABC just picked up her other project. I can’t think of another case of a comedy writer-producer who has gotten 2 pilots picked up by mid-January when the broadcast networks are barely starting to order their dramas. Lizer’s untitled multi-camera comedy, from Warner Bros. TV, centers on Hilary Pfeiffer-Dunne, a high-powered executive who, having dominated the corporate America for years, now faces the biggest challenge of her life when she finds herself unemployed and acting as a full-time mom to her two teenagers. Both of Lizer’s pitches this season sold with put pilot commitments in September. The green light at ABC extends Lizer’s impressive streak of having all of her scripts to date picked up to pilot: Old Christine at CBS, True at the WB, an untitled comedy at NBC last year and her new NBC and ABC projects this year. It also continues the great success female comedy writers are enjoying at the moment. The Will & Grace alumna is repped by Scott Schwartz.
ABC Picks Up Kari Lizer Mom Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
Latest TV News
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices