New Adventures Of Old Christine creator Kari Lizer has emerged as an early star of the broadcast pilot season with 2 orders. On the heels of NBC greenlighting her female buddy comedy Friday evening, ABC just picked up her other project. I can’t think of another case of a comedy writer-producer who has gotten 2 pilots picked up by mid-January when the broadcast networks are barely starting to order their dramas. Lizer’s untitled multi-camera comedy, from Warner Bros. TV, centers on Hilary Pfeiffer-Dunne, a high-powered executive who, having dominated the corporate America for years, now faces the biggest challenge of her life when she finds herself unemployed and acting as a full-time mom to her two teenagers. Both of Lizer’s pitches this season sold with put pilot commitments in September. The green light at ABC extends Lizer’s impressive streak of having all of her scripts to date picked up to pilot: Old Christine at CBS, True at the WB, an untitled comedy at NBC last year and her new NBC and ABC projects this year. It also continues the great success female comedy writers are enjoying at the moment. The Will & Grace alumna is repped by Scott Schwartz.
ABC Picks Up Kari Lizer Mom Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Ousted Weinstein Company COO David Glasser To File $85M Lawsuit Against Board Members, Alleging He Has Been Made A Scapegoat
Latest TV News
- Hollywood, Beltway Send Support & Awe To Florida Student Protesters: “You’ve Shaken Up The Nation”
- ‘The Orville’: Chris Johnson Set To Recur On Season 2 Of Seth MacFarlane’s Fox Dramedy
- Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
- Russell Hornsby To Star In Fox Legal Drama Pilot Produced By Danny Strong
- Move! Binge-Watching Might Be Hazardous To Your Health, Study Says
- ‘A Million Little Things’: Anne Son To Co-Star In ABC Drama Pilot