ABC has started giving pilot orders to its starring comedy vehicles. First off is single-camera comedy American Judy toplined by Judy Greer and written by Deborah Kaplan & Harry Elfont. It centers on a cosmopolitan woman (Greer) who gets married and becomes a fish out of water in the suburbs having to juggle step-kids, her mother-in-law, and the ex-wife of her husband who also happens to be the town sheriff. The project is inspired by Greer’s life, where she moved from Los Angeles for the man she loves and found herself raising stepchildren and making new friends in a small suburban town. ABC Studios is producing, with Greer producing and and Principato-Young’s David Gardner, Peter Principato and Paul Young executive producing alongside Kaplan and Elfont. ABC has a slew of other half-hour projects with stars attached that are awaiting word, including Kevin Abbott’s Reba McEntire comedy, Diane English’s Jim Belushi sitcom and the Bob Fisher/Shawn Levy comedy starring Mandy Moore, which have big commitments, and projects starring Ashley Tisdale, Jeff Garlin, Jim Breuer, Romeo Santos, Marlon Wayans and Craig Kilborn. Greer has been recurring on Two And A Half Men and co-stars in The Descendants.
ABC Picks Up Judy Greer Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Charles Manson: Finally, Death Gets One Right
- Sarah Silverman: We Need To “Try To Understand” What’s Behind Sexual Harassment
- American Music Awards 2017 Winners: Diana Ross, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga Take Top Honors
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- PBS Cuts Al Franken From David Letterman’s Mark Twain Prize Broadcast
- Earle Hyman Dies: Veteran Broadway Actor, Cosby TV Dad Was 91