ABC has started giving pilot orders to its starring comedy vehicles. First off is single-camera comedy American Judy toplined by Judy Greer and written by Deborah Kaplan & Harry Elfont. It centers on a cosmopolitan woman (Greer) who gets married and becomes a fish out of water in the suburbs having to juggle step-kids, her mother-in-law, and the ex-wife of her husband who also happens to be the town sheriff. The project is inspired by Greer’s life, where she moved from Los Angeles for the man she loves and found herself raising stepchildren and making new friends in a small suburban town. ABC Studios is producing, with Greer producing and and Principato-Young’s David Gardner, Peter Principato and Paul Young executive producing alongside Kaplan and Elfont. ABC has a slew of other half-hour projects with stars attached that are awaiting word, including Kevin Abbott’s Reba McEntire comedy, Diane English’s Jim Belushi sitcom and the Bob Fisher/Shawn Levy comedy starring Mandy Moore, which have big commitments, and projects starring Ashley Tisdale, Jeff Garlin, Jim Breuer, Romeo Santos, Marlon Wayans and Craig Kilborn. Greer has been recurring on Two And A Half Men and co-stars in The Descendants.
ABC Picks Up Judy Greer Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Crown’ Review: Netflix’s Royal Drama Glitters, With History The True Jewel
- ‘The Great Indoors’ Off To Decent Ratings Start, ‘Pure Genius’ Low – Update
- Starz CFO Scott Macdonald To Leave In Reorganization After Sale To Lionsgate
- Clinton Camp Demands More Info As FBI Ponders Emails Found In Anthony Weiner Probe – Update
- Dan Jinks Sells Three Projects To CBS, Including Comedy Starring Lucas Hazlett
- Liz Paulson Upped to SVP Casting At 20th Century Fox TV