ABC has started giving pilot orders to its starring comedy vehicles. First off is single-camera comedy American Judy toplined by Judy Greer and written by Deborah Kaplan & Harry Elfont. It centers on a cosmopolitan woman (Greer) who gets married and becomes a fish out of water in the suburbs having to juggle step-kids, her mother-in-law, and the ex-wife of her husband who also happens to be the town sheriff. The project is inspired by Greer’s life, where she moved from Los Angeles for the man she loves and found herself raising stepchildren and making new friends in a small suburban town. ABC Studios is producing, with Greer producing and and Principato-Young’s David Gardner, Peter Principato and Paul Young executive producing alongside Kaplan and Elfont. ABC has a slew of other half-hour projects with stars attached that are awaiting word, including Kevin Abbott’s Reba McEntire comedy, Diane English’s Jim Belushi sitcom and the Bob Fisher/Shawn Levy comedy starring Mandy Moore, which have big commitments, and projects starring Ashley Tisdale, Jeff Garlin, Jim Breuer, Romeo Santos, Marlon Wayans and Craig Kilborn. Greer has been recurring on Two And A Half Men and co-stars in The Descendants.
ABC Picks Up Judy Greer Comedy Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21
- ABC Developing True Crime Procedural Set Throughout Los Angeles History
- Fox Nabs DC Entertainment 'Lucifer' Drama From Tom Kapinos As Put Pilot