On the heels of ABC picking up drama pilot Gilded Lillys earlier today, the network just greenlighted a half-hour pilot, multi-camera comedy Counter Culture. Written and executive produced by writer-actress Stephnie Weir and executive produced by Claudia Lonow, Counter Culture revolves around three aging sisters running their family diner together in West Texas who find that sibling dynamics are always getting in the way of getting the job done. Weir won’t act in Counter Culture, which will be co-produced by Sony TV, where Weir has had a deal (she penned the 2010 ABC/Sony TV comedy pilot Wright Vs. Wrong starring Debra Messing), and ABC Studios. Lonow is expected to have a great pilot season. The Accidentally On Purpose creator has another comedy project at ABC through 20th TV and Imagine TV, which is very hot and already has a put pilot commitment, making a pilot order very likely. The pickup for Counter Culture extends female comedy writers’ hot streak this season.
ABC Greenlights Sisters Comedy From Stephnie Weir & Claudia Lonow
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’, Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres