On the heels of ABC picking up drama pilot Gilded Lillys earlier today, the network just greenlighted a half-hour pilot, multi-camera comedy Counter Culture. Written and executive produced by writer-actress Stephnie Weir and executive produced by Claudia Lonow, Counter Culture revolves around three aging sisters running their family diner together in West Texas who find that sibling dynamics are always getting in the way of getting the job done. Weir won’t act in Counter Culture, which will be co-produced by Sony TV, where Weir has had a deal (she penned the 2010 ABC/Sony TV comedy pilot Wright Vs. Wrong starring Debra Messing), and ABC Studios. Lonow is expected to have a great pilot season. The Accidentally On Purpose creator has another comedy project at ABC through 20th TV and Imagine TV, which is very hot and already has a put pilot commitment, making a pilot order very likely. The pickup for Counter Culture extends female comedy writers’ hot streak this season.
ABC Greenlights Sisters Comedy From Stephnie Weir & Claudia Lonow
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow - International Box Office
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest TV News
- Ex-Fox News Analyst Tamara Holder Blasts Rupert Murdoch As “Liar Or Delusional”, Says “Lives Destroyed”
- NFL Anthem Protests Week 15 – A Game Of Chicken Raises The League’s Stakes
- MSNBC Confirms 1999 Separation Payment To Female Staffer Following Chris Matthews’ Inappropriate Jokes
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Steady With Host Kevin Hart, Foo Fighters & Trump
- Kevin Hart Brings Holiday Cheer & Beleaguered Captain Shadow To ‘SNL’
- ‘SNL’ Weekend Update Shames Hollywood Gropers, Banishes Omarosa And Welcomes Sleazy Boat Guy