On the heels of ABC picking up drama pilot Gilded Lillys earlier today, the network just greenlighted a half-hour pilot, multi-camera comedy Counter Culture. Written and executive produced by writer-actress Stephnie Weir and executive produced by Claudia Lonow, Counter Culture revolves around three aging sisters running their family diner together in West Texas who find that sibling dynamics are always getting in the way of getting the job done. Weir won’t act in Counter Culture, which will be co-produced by Sony TV, where Weir has had a deal (she penned the 2010 ABC/Sony TV comedy pilot Wright Vs. Wrong starring Debra Messing), and ABC Studios. Lonow is expected to have a great pilot season. The Accidentally On Purpose creator has another comedy project at ABC through 20th TV and Imagine TV, which is very hot and already has a put pilot commitment, making a pilot order very likely. The pickup for Counter Culture extends female comedy writers’ hot streak this season.
ABC Greenlights Sisters Comedy From Stephnie Weir & Claudia Lonow
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- ‘Taskmaster’ Bumper Order; Pro7 CEO; London LGBTQ+ Film Festival – Global Briefs
- Electric Ray Developing UK Version Of CTV’s ‘The Launch’ After Distribution Deal with Sony…
- Olympics Commentator Goes Wild After Kikkan Randall And Jessie Diggins Win Cross-Country Gold
- Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
- Grieving Florida Students, Parents Savage Senator Marco Rubio At CNN Town Hall On Gun Violence
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident