On the heels of ABC picking up drama pilot Gilded Lillys earlier today, the network just greenlighted a half-hour pilot, multi-camera comedy Counter Culture. Written and executive produced by writer-actress Stephnie Weir and executive produced by Claudia Lonow, Counter Culture revolves around three aging sisters running their family diner together in West Texas who find that sibling dynamics are always getting in the way of getting the job done. Weir won’t act in Counter Culture, which will be co-produced by Sony TV, where Weir has had a deal (she penned the 2010 ABC/Sony TV comedy pilot Wright Vs. Wrong starring Debra Messing), and ABC Studios. Lonow is expected to have a great pilot season. The Accidentally On Purpose creator has another comedy project at ABC through 20th TV and Imagine TV, which is very hot and already has a put pilot commitment, making a pilot order very likely. The pickup for Counter Culture extends female comedy writers’ hot streak this season.
ABC Greenlights Sisters Comedy From Stephnie Weir & Claudia Lonow
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
'Disenchantment' Teases First Look At Fantastical Characters In Matt Groening's Very Adult Netflix Animated Series
Latest TV News
- ‘SEAL Team’: John Glenn Joins CBS Series As New Showrunner, Two EPs Depart
- ‘The Middle’ Co-Creator On The “Bittersweet” Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
- ‘The Middle’ Series Finale: ABC’s Fond Farewell To America’s Beloved TV Family Is One “Heck Of A Ride”…
- Parents of Slain Teen Trayvon Martin Say The Weinstein Co. Owes Them $150,000
- ‘Roseanne’ Finale: EP Bruce Helford On One Topic They Didn’t Get To Tackle, Season 2 Themes & Who May…
- ‘Rectify’ Star Aden Young Inks With ICM Partners