On the heels of ABC picking up drama pilot Gilded Lillys earlier today, the network just greenlighted a half-hour pilot, multi-camera comedy Counter Culture. Written and executive produced by writer-actress Stephnie Weir and executive produced by Claudia Lonow, Counter Culture revolves around three aging sisters running their family diner together in West Texas who find that sibling dynamics are always getting in the way of getting the job done. Weir won’t act in Counter Culture, which will be co-produced by Sony TV, where Weir has had a deal (she penned the 2010 ABC/Sony TV comedy pilot Wright Vs. Wrong starring Debra Messing), and ABC Studios. Lonow is expected to have a great pilot season. The Accidentally On Purpose creator has another comedy project at ABC through 20th TV and Imagine TV, which is very hot and already has a put pilot commitment, making a pilot order very likely. The pickup for Counter Culture extends female comedy writers’ hot streak this season.
ABC Greenlights Sisters Comedy From Stephnie Weir & Claudia Lonow
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- Eliza Dushku Joins CBS’ ‘Bull’ As Savvy Lawyer This Season & Maybe Next
- ‘Ink Master’ Renewed For Season 10 At Spike
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’, ‘Genius’ & ‘Vietnam War’ Among Tribeca TV Fest Slate
- ‘The Knick’ Canceled After 2 Seasons As Cinemax Focuses On Action Dramas
- ‘Westworld’: Talulah Riley Promoted To Series Regular For Season 2 On HBO
- ‘Happy!’ Bobby Moynihan To Voice Title Character In Syfy Pilot