On the heels of ABC picking up drama pilot Gilded Lillys earlier today, the network just greenlighted a half-hour pilot, multi-camera comedy Counter Culture. Written and executive produced by writer-actress Stephnie Weir and executive produced by Claudia Lonow, Counter Culture revolves around three aging sisters running their family diner together in West Texas who find that sibling dynamics are always getting in the way of getting the job done. Weir won’t act in Counter Culture, which will be co-produced by Sony TV, where Weir has had a deal (she penned the 2010 ABC/Sony TV comedy pilot Wright Vs. Wrong starring Debra Messing), and ABC Studios. Lonow is expected to have a great pilot season. The Accidentally On Purpose creator has another comedy project at ABC through 20th TV and Imagine TV, which is very hot and already has a put pilot commitment, making a pilot order very likely. The pickup for Counter Culture extends female comedy writers’ hot streak this season.
ABC Greenlights Sisters Comedy From Stephnie Weir & Claudia Lonow
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
BAFTA TV Craft Award Winners Include 'The Crown', 'The Night Manager', 'National Treasure' -- Full List
Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio & Robert De Niro Eyeing 'Killers Of The Flower Moon' From Eric Roth Adaptation
Latest TV News
- 'Feud: Bette and Joan' Finale: EP Tim Minear Avoided A "Petty Bitchfest"
- ‘Genius’ Stars Geoffrey Rush & Johnny Flynn On Their Shared Task Of Humanizing Albert Einstein — Tribeca…
- BAFTA TV Craft Award Winners Include ‘The Crown’, ‘The Night Manager’, ‘National Treasure’ — Full…
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Star Yvonne Strahovski: “Women's Rights Are Human Rights” — Tribeca…
- Erin Moran: “We Did Our Best”, Says Child Actor Advocate Paul Petersen
- Ex-Fox Anchor Alisyn Camerota Says Roger Ailes Sexually Harassed Her