On the heels of ABC picking up drama pilot Gilded Lillys earlier today, the network just greenlighted a half-hour pilot, multi-camera comedy Counter Culture. Written and executive produced by writer-actress Stephnie Weir and executive produced by Claudia Lonow, Counter Culture revolves around three aging sisters running their family diner together in West Texas who find that sibling dynamics are always getting in the way of getting the job done. Weir won’t act in Counter Culture, which will be co-produced by Sony TV, where Weir has had a deal (she penned the 2010 ABC/Sony TV comedy pilot Wright Vs. Wrong starring Debra Messing), and ABC Studios. Lonow is expected to have a great pilot season. The Accidentally On Purpose creator has another comedy project at ABC through 20th TV and Imagine TV, which is very hot and already has a put pilot commitment, making a pilot order very likely. The pickup for Counter Culture extends female comedy writers’ hot streak this season.
ABC Greenlights Sisters Comedy From Stephnie Weir & Claudia Lonow
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $59M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest TV News
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Exec Producer Frank Doelger Launches Drama Firm
- Donald Trump Taunts Oprah At End Of Manic Weekend Of Tweets And TV News Watching
- John Oliver Joins Parkland Students “Calling Bullsh*t” On “Too Soon To Talk About” Gun Laws Blather
- ‘Celebrity Big Brother’: Omarosa Talks Campaigning For Hillary Clinton, Says She Would Have Been “Exceptional”…
- Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
- Olympics Ratings Fall To 2018 Low On 2nd Saturday; Steady With Sochi 2014