ABC Family’s drama Pretty Little Liars opened the winter portion of its second season on Monday with 3.3 million viewers. That was down from the 4.2 million who tuned in for the launch of Season 1B last January and the 3.7 million who watched the Season 2 debut in the summer. On the bright side, the audience was larger than that for the series’ summer finale, which averaged 2.5 million viewers. Pretty Little Liars boosted The Lying Game, which drew a series high audience of 1.8 million for the premiere of the winter portion of its first season. That was up 29% from The Lying Game‘s series premiere in August, but the freshman had a softer lead-in then, The Secret Life Of The American Teenager (2.4 million) vs. Pretty Little Liars this time. The Lying Game also posted highs in all key female demos.
ABC Family's 'Pretty Little Liars' Down In Return, 'The Lying Game' Posts Series Highs
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
'Dear Basketball' Scribe Kobe Bryant On A Career Built "Piece By Piece" And Life After Basketball — Tribeca Studio
Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio & Robert De Niro Eyeing 'Killers Of The Flower Moon' From Eric Roth Adaptation
Latest TV News
- Norman Lear To Host Weekly Podcast; Amy Poehler, Julia Louis-Dreyfus Among Guests
- Netflix To Seek €1B In Debt To Help Pay For Original Programming
- EOne, Aquarius Board Aussie Series ‘The Other Guy’; Studiocanal Picks Up ‘American Gods’; Viceland Producing Comedy ‘Brexit Stage…
- 'Feud: Bette and Joan' Finale: EP Tim Minear Avoided A "Petty Bitchfest"
- ‘Genius’ Stars Geoffrey Rush & Johnny Flynn On Their Shared Task Of Humanizing Albert Einstein…
- BAFTA TV Craft Award Winners Include ‘The Crown’, ‘The Night Manager’, ‘National Treasure’…