EXCLUSIVE: Andrea Parker, Jud Tylor, Megalyn Echikunwoke, Madisen Beaty and Cody Christian have been added to the cast of NBC’s drama pilot Beautiful People. The project, written by Michael McDonald, is set in the near future in a society where humans co-exist with mechanical androids that look like people but are treated like second-class citizens. It centers on the very wealthy Lydia (Frances Conroy), whose late husband founded the firm that makes Mechanicals. Parker will play the wealthy Roberta, whose life is turned upside down when her rebellious teen daughter (Beaty) starts a romance with a Mechanical boy (Christian), the son of Lydia’s Mechanical servant David (Patrick Heusinger) and his wife Susan (Tylor). Echikunwoke will play the boss of Lydia’s other son, attorney Gregory (James Murray).
Five Cast In NBC Pilot 'Beautiful People'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
'Triple Frontier' Finally Going: Affleck, Isaac, Pascal, Hunnam, Hedlund, Arjona In JC Chandor's Lineup
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest TV News
- Financial Media Upstart Cheddar Raises $22M Series D Round, Plans News Network Launch, International Expansion
- ‘Krypton’ Review: Syfy Superhero Drama Swings For The Fences With New Take On Superman Narrative
- ‘Hollywood Game Night’ Renewed For Season 6 On NBC
- ‘Cagney & Lacey’: Ving Rhames To Co-Star In CBS’ Reboot Pilot
- Matt Ryan To Join ‘DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow’ As Series Regular For Season 4
- ‘Camping’: Janicza Bravo, Arturo Del Puerto, Brett Gelman Cast As Regulars In HBO Comedy Series