EXCLUSIVE: Andrea Parker, Jud Tylor, Megalyn Echikunwoke, Madisen Beaty and Cody Christian have been added to the cast of NBC’s drama pilot Beautiful People. The project, written by Michael McDonald, is set in the near future in a society where humans co-exist with mechanical androids that look like people but are treated like second-class citizens. It centers on the very wealthy Lydia (Frances Conroy), whose late husband founded the firm that makes Mechanicals. Parker will play the wealthy Roberta, whose life is turned upside down when her rebellious teen daughter (Beaty) starts a romance with a Mechanical boy (Christian), the son of Lydia’s Mechanical servant David (Patrick Heusinger) and his wife Susan (Tylor). Echikunwoke will play the boss of Lydia’s other son, attorney Gregory (James Murray).
Five Cast In NBC Pilot 'Beautiful People'
What's Hot on Deadline
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest TV News
- Sony Pictures Television Reshuffles International Production Team
- Olympics Ratings Rise From 2018 Low; Down From 2014 On 2nd Sunday Of Games
- ‘Andi Mack’ Renewed For Third Season On Disney Channel
- David Attenborough’s New Wildlife Series Leads BBC Showcase Deals
- Fergie’s National Anthem Performance Panned At NBA’S All-Star Game
- BBC Studios Scores Non-Scripted Orders From Viacom’s C5 – BBC Showcase