EXCLUSIVE: Andrea Parker, Jud Tylor, Megalyn Echikunwoke, Madisen Beaty and Cody Christian have been added to the cast of NBC’s drama pilot Beautiful People. The project, written by Michael McDonald, is set in the near future in a society where humans co-exist with mechanical androids that look like people but are treated like second-class citizens. It centers on the very wealthy Lydia (Frances Conroy), whose late husband founded the firm that makes Mechanicals. Parker will play the wealthy Roberta, whose life is turned upside down when her rebellious teen daughter (Beaty) starts a romance with a Mechanical boy (Christian), the son of Lydia’s Mechanical servant David (Patrick Heusinger) and his wife Susan (Tylor). Echikunwoke will play the boss of Lydia’s other son, attorney Gregory (James Murray).
Five Cast In NBC Pilot 'Beautiful People'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
Latest TV News
- ITV Studios America Adds Jed Valdecantos & Jim Dietle To Exec Team
- Donald Trump’s Latest Twitter Tantrum Targets New York Times, Washington Post
- CBS News To Launch ‘CBSN: On Assignment’; Summer Primetime News Series Sets Premiere Date
- ABC News Reaches Settlement In “Pink Slime” Defamation Lawsuit
- ‘Snap Decision’ Game Show Hosted By David Alan Grier To Air On GSN & In Broadcast Syndication At the…
- Scripps Networks Interactive Joins FuboTV Line Up