EXCLUSIVE: Andrea Parker, Jud Tylor, Megalyn Echikunwoke, Madisen Beaty and Cody Christian have been added to the cast of NBC’s drama pilot Beautiful People. The project, written by Michael McDonald, is set in the near future in a society where humans co-exist with mechanical androids that look like people but are treated like second-class citizens. It centers on the very wealthy Lydia (Frances Conroy), whose late husband founded the firm that makes Mechanicals. Parker will play the wealthy Roberta, whose life is turned upside down when her rebellious teen daughter (Beaty) starts a romance with a Mechanical boy (Christian), the son of Lydia’s Mechanical servant David (Patrick Heusinger) and his wife Susan (Tylor). Echikunwoke will play the boss of Lydia’s other son, attorney Gregory (James Murray).
Five Cast In NBC Pilot 'Beautiful People'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- USA To Redevelop ‘Brooklyn Animal Control’ Pilot, Passes On ‘Poor Richard's Almanack’
- Kelly Macdonald To Star In ‘Black Mirror’ Episode On Netflix
- Ashton Kutcher Sitcom ‘The Ranch’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix
- Allison Janney Revives C.J. Cregg For White House Press Briefing
- Larry Wilmore On White House Correspondents’ Dinner: “I’m Going To Open With A Yo Mama So Fat Joke”
- John Krasinski To Star In ‘Jack Ryan’ Amazon TV Series From Carlton Cuse & Paramount TV