EXCLUSIVE: Andrea Parker, Jud Tylor, Megalyn Echikunwoke, Madisen Beaty and Cody Christian have been added to the cast of NBC’s drama pilot Beautiful People. The project, written by Michael McDonald, is set in the near future in a society where humans co-exist with mechanical androids that look like people but are treated like second-class citizens. It centers on the very wealthy Lydia (Frances Conroy), whose late husband founded the firm that makes Mechanicals. Parker will play the wealthy Roberta, whose life is turned upside down when her rebellious teen daughter (Beaty) starts a romance with a Mechanical boy (Christian), the son of Lydia’s Mechanical servant David (Patrick Heusinger) and his wife Susan (Tylor). Echikunwoke will play the boss of Lydia’s other son, attorney Gregory (James Murray).
Five Cast In NBC Pilot 'Beautiful People'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Locomotive Taps Producer Alexis Alexanian As Production President
- Relativity Bankruptcy: Judge Approves Sale Of TV Assets To Stalking Horse
- WE TV Greenlights ‘Selling It: In The ATL’ For November Premiere
- ‘MTP Daily’ Averages 529K Viewers And 73K News Demo Viewers In Week 1
- Kevin McKeon Joins The Firm As Creative Executive
- ‘Powers’ Adds Tricia Helfer To Season 2 Cast