EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox is hiring Emily Bear to run the studio’s publicity office in New York. Bear will come in as SVP Publicity and report to EVP Bumble Ward. She will oversee all publicity, promotional and field operations in New York. I’m told Bear will start next month. Until then, she will continue working on awards-season films for producer Scott Rudin. Bear has overseen publicity on Rudin’s behalf on The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Moneyball and Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, as well as last year’s Best Picture nominees The Social Network and True Grit, and the Tony-winning Broadway musical The Book Of Mormon. Bear previously ran publicity at Miramax Films and oversaw campaigns for No Country For Old Men, The Diving Bell And The Butterfly, The Queen, and Gone, Baby, Gone. Before that she ran publicity for Bob Weinstein’s Dimension Films.
20th Century Fox Taps Emily Bear To Run New York Publicity Office
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Italy’s Foreign Language Entry ‘Fire At Sea’ Also Will Be Pushed In Documentary
- ‘Magnificent Seven’ Lassos $59.3M Worldwide & Record $34.7M U.S. Opening For Antoine Fuqua – Monday…
- Molly Parker, Miranda July & Newcomer Helena Howard Topline Indie Pic ‘Movie No. 1’
- L.A. OKs 17% Fee Hike For On-Location Fire Safety Officers
- Kyle Bornheimer Joins Netflix’s ‘Little Evil’; Mira Sorvino Goes ‘Behind The Glass’
- ‘Pacific Rim 2’ Adds ‘Emerald City’s Adria Arjona