EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox is hiring Emily Bear to run the studio’s publicity office in New York. Bear will come in as SVP Publicity and report to EVP Bumble Ward. She will oversee all publicity, promotional and field operations in New York. I’m told Bear will start next month. Until then, she will continue working on awards-season films for producer Scott Rudin. Bear has overseen publicity on Rudin’s behalf on The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Moneyball and Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, as well as last year’s Best Picture nominees The Social Network and True Grit, and the Tony-winning Broadway musical The Book Of Mormon. Bear previously ran publicity at Miramax Films and oversaw campaigns for No Country For Old Men, The Diving Bell And The Butterfly, The Queen, and Gone, Baby, Gone. Before that she ran publicity for Bob Weinstein’s Dimension Films.
20th Century Fox Taps Emily Bear To Run New York Publicity Office
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest Film News
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Teaser: Little Jack-Jack Shows Off His Baby Superpower