EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox is hiring Emily Bear to run the studio’s publicity office in New York. Bear will come in as SVP Publicity and report to EVP Bumble Ward. She will oversee all publicity, promotional and field operations in New York. I’m told Bear will start next month. Until then, she will continue working on awards-season films for producer Scott Rudin. Bear has overseen publicity on Rudin’s behalf on The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Moneyball and Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, as well as last year’s Best Picture nominees The Social Network and True Grit, and the Tony-winning Broadway musical The Book Of Mormon. Bear previously ran publicity at Miramax Films and oversaw campaigns for No Country For Old Men, The Diving Bell And The Butterfly, The Queen, and Gone, Baby, Gone. Before that she ran publicity for Bob Weinstein’s Dimension Films.
20th Century Fox Taps Emily Bear To Run New York Publicity Office
What's Hot on Deadline
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- José Padilha Lifts The Lid On ‘7 Days In Entebbe’ – Berlin
- ‘Black Panther’ Blasts Off With $169M Overseas; $371M WW Weekend – International Box Office
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred ‘Jurassic World’ & Possibly ‘Last Jedi…
- M.I.A & Ed Sheeran Films Drum Up Global Interest in Rock Docs – Berlin
- ‘Dunkirk’, ‘Blade Runner 2049’ Take Home Top Honors At MPSE Golden Reel Awards – Complete…
- Idrissa Ouedraogo Dies: Noted Director Of African Film Was 64