EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox is hiring Emily Bear to run the studio’s publicity office in New York. Bear will come in as SVP Publicity and report to EVP Bumble Ward. She will oversee all publicity, promotional and field operations in New York. I’m told Bear will start next month. Until then, she will continue working on awards-season films for producer Scott Rudin. Bear has overseen publicity on Rudin’s behalf on The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Moneyball and Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, as well as last year’s Best Picture nominees The Social Network and True Grit, and the Tony-winning Broadway musical The Book Of Mormon. Bear previously ran publicity at Miramax Films and oversaw campaigns for No Country For Old Men, The Diving Bell And The Butterfly, The Queen, and Gone, Baby, Gone. Before that she ran publicity for Bob Weinstein’s Dimension Films.
20th Century Fox Taps Emily Bear To Run New York Publicity Office
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Dax Shepard Driving Warner Bros 'CHiPS' Film; Michael Pena To Play Ponch
- 'GOT's Emilia Clarke, 'Hunger Games' Sam Claflin To Star In MGM's 'Me Before You'
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'