Martin Weiss, a Hollywood talent manager whose company reps child actors that have landed roles on such series as Nickelodeon’s iCarly and Disney’s Good Luck Charlie as well as on network shows and movies, was arrested this week on suspicion of molesting some of his clients. According to the Los Angeles Times, Weiss was taken into custody Tuesday for committing lewd acts upon a child under the age of 14. An alleged victim and former client told police in an affidavit that he was sexually assaulted by Weiss about 30-40 times over a three-year period when the boy was 11 or 12 years old. Police also searched his Santa Monica apartment, which also serves as his place of business. Bail was set at $300,000, triple the standard amount, because police suspect there could be more victims. Weiss’ company sent an email to its clients Tuesday saying the company was closing its doors, though its website remained up as of Thursday afternoon. “It is with a heavy heart and great sadness that I immediately dissolve Martin Weiss Management and release all actors from their contracts,” the email read. “Please do not try [to] contact me. I will let everyone know what is happening at the proper time. Thank you for being wonderful clients and friends.”
Youth Talent Manager Arrested In Molestation Case
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video