Martin Weiss, a Hollywood talent manager whose company reps child actors that have landed roles on such series as Nickelodeon’s iCarly and Disney’s Good Luck Charlie as well as on network shows and movies, was arrested this week on suspicion of molesting some of his clients. According to the Los Angeles Times, Weiss was taken into custody Tuesday for committing lewd acts upon a child under the age of 14. An alleged victim and former client told police in an affidavit that he was sexually assaulted by Weiss about 30-40 times over a three-year period when the boy was 11 or 12 years old. Police also searched his Santa Monica apartment, which also serves as his place of business. Bail was set at $300,000, triple the standard amount, because police suspect there could be more victims. Weiss’ company sent an email to its clients Tuesday saying the company was closing its doors, though its website remained up as of Thursday afternoon. “It is with a heavy heart and great sadness that I immediately dissolve Martin Weiss Management and release all actors from their contracts,” the email read. “Please do not try [to] contact me. I will let everyone know what is happening at the proper time. Thank you for being wonderful clients and friends.”
Youth Talent Manager Arrested In Molestation Case
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV