NBC Universal is courting Ryan Seacrest as a potential replacement for Matt Lauer on the Today show, the Wall Street Journal reports. The paper says NBC News, Today show, and NBC network executives met with Seacrest on Tuesday about the possibilty of him joining the morning talker. The discussions with Seacrest include multiple possibilities that might enhance his role within the broader corporate context at Comcast and NBC Universal. Seacrest’s existing deal with Comcast/NBCUniversal expires next year. He serves as host and producer of a daily news show on E! network as well as E!’s red-carpet specials. Seacrest’s prolific TV production company is also based at E! A Seacrest spokeswoman would say only that negotiations with NBC Universal were ongoing.
WSJ: Ryan Seacrest May Replace Matt Lauer
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest TV News
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’ Gets Season 2 Premiere Date On Netflix
- ‘Get Christie Love’: Julia Kelly Cast In ABC Reboot Pilot
- Fox News To Launch Stand-Alone Subscription Service Fox Nation
- ‘American Idol’ Revival Lands At CTV For Midseason Premiere
- Can UFC Still Land A Knockout TV Deal Despite Ratings Slide And Talent Drain?
- Paul Rudd Game For ‘Tonight Show Fallon 5’ Debut During PyeongChang Olympics