The Weather Channel has ordered two additional seasons of its breakout freshman hit Coast Guard Alaska, which follows a team of Coast Guard swimmers and rescue pilots stationed in Kodiak, AK, as they train and implement strategies to save lives while battling harsh, icy weather conditions. The docu-reality series, produced by Al Roker Entertainment, has received pickups for a five-episode second season to premiere in April 2012 and an eight-episode Season 3 to premiere in October 2012, which will feature missions beyond Kodiak. Season 1, which has posted a 95% time slot increase in adults 25-45 and has almost doubled its audience since the debut, has two remaining episodes, which will air Jan. 11 and Jan. 18.
Weather Channel Picks Up 2 More Seasons Of Reality Series 'Coast Guard Alaska'
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
'Revenant', 'Martian' & More In Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office Update
Latest TV News
- Barack Obama Wins Soft Bowl With CBS’ Gayle King In Super Bowl Interview
- ABC’s GOP Debate Wins Saturday, Draws 13.2 Million Viewers
- Ray Colcord Dies: Emmy-Nominated Television Composer Was 66
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Solid With Host Larry David
- Three Best GOP Debate Moments – From Ben Carson’s Kickoff Fumble To Candidate Contretemps
- Video – Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson Zoolander-ize Hillary, Bernie & Donald On ‘SNL’