The Weather Channel has ordered two additional seasons of its breakout freshman hit Coast Guard Alaska, which follows a team of Coast Guard swimmers and rescue pilots stationed in Kodiak, AK, as they train and implement strategies to save lives while battling harsh, icy weather conditions. The docu-reality series, produced by Al Roker Entertainment, has received pickups for a five-episode second season to premiere in April 2012 and an eight-episode Season 3 to premiere in October 2012, which will feature missions beyond Kodiak. Season 1, which has posted a 95% time slot increase in adults 25-45 and has almost doubled its audience since the debut, has two remaining episodes, which will air Jan. 11 and Jan. 18.
Weather Channel Picks Up 2 More Seasons Of Reality Series 'Coast Guard Alaska'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Downton Abbey' Finale: Exec Producer Gareth Neame On Allen Leech & Lily James' Future, Season 7 & That Proposal
More From Andreeva
- #8216;Downton Abbey’ Finale: Exec Producer Gareth Neame On Allen Leech & Lily James’ Future, Season 7…
- Matthew Glave Cast In NBA Pilot, Gia Mantegna In ‘Cheerleader Death Squad’
- Kim Raver To Topline ABC Drama Pilot ‘The Advocate’
- Briga Heelan To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘How We Live’
- Dave Annable & Melissa George Cast In NBC Pilot ‘Heart Matters’
- Daniel Stern To Star In ‘Strange Calls'; Colm Feore Joins ‘The Kingmakers’