The Weather Channel has ordered two additional seasons of its breakout freshman hit Coast Guard Alaska, which follows a team of Coast Guard swimmers and rescue pilots stationed in Kodiak, AK, as they train and implement strategies to save lives while battling harsh, icy weather conditions. The docu-reality series, produced by Al Roker Entertainment, has received pickups for a five-episode second season to premiere in April 2012 and an eight-episode Season 3 to premiere in October 2012, which will feature missions beyond Kodiak. Season 1, which has posted a 95% time slot increase in adults 25-45 and has almost doubled its audience since the debut, has two remaining episodes, which will air Jan. 11 and Jan. 18.
Weather Channel Picks Up 2 More Seasons Of Reality Series 'Coast Guard Alaska'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Primary Wave Hires Two Managers & Digital Exec; Legacy Agency Founder Jordan Bazant Moves To WME
- Martin Lawrence Comedy Special Set At Showtime
- Writer Aaron Rahsaan Thomas Inks Overall Deal With Sony Pictures TV
- Robert Durst Movie In Works At Lifetime
- ‘Chicago Med’ Adds Mekia Cox As Recurring For Season 2