The Weather Channel has ordered two additional seasons of its breakout freshman hit Coast Guard Alaska, which follows a team of Coast Guard swimmers and rescue pilots stationed in Kodiak, AK, as they train and implement strategies to save lives while battling harsh, icy weather conditions. The docu-reality series, produced by Al Roker Entertainment, has received pickups for a five-episode second season to premiere in April 2012 and an eight-episode Season 3 to premiere in October 2012, which will feature missions beyond Kodiak. Season 1, which has posted a 95% time slot increase in adults 25-45 and has almost doubled its audience since the debut, has two remaining episodes, which will air Jan. 11 and Jan. 18.
Weather Channel Picks Up 2 More Seasons Of Reality Series 'Coast Guard Alaska'
What's Hot on Deadline
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
X Japan Docu 'We Are X' Picked Up By Mongrel International; Simon West Attached To Helm 'War Wolf' - Cannes
20th Century Fox Taps BOOM! Superhero Tale 'Irredeemable'; Adam McKay Helms, Tommy Wirkola Scripting
Latest TV News
- 'Darkover' Amazon Series Taps Elizabeth Sarnoff & Patrick Macmanus As Writers
- NPR Inks With Bungalow|Storied Media Group To Help Tell Its Tales
- ‘Birth Of The Pill’ Event Series With Denise DiNovi & R.J.Cutler In Works At Sonar
- La La Anthony, Yvette Nicole Brown, Monica Calhoun Among Five Cast In ‘New Edition: The Movie’ On BET
- Hulu Orders Prehistoric Drama Pilot ‘Dawn’ From Hank Steinberg & Ken Nolan
- ‘All The Way’ Review: Bryan Cranston & Anthony Mackie Superb In LBJ/MLK Pic