EXCLUSIVE: Walden Media has optioned screen rights to Ungifted, a Gordon Korman novel that will be published fall 2012 through the Balzer + Bray imprint of HarperCollins. Korman is the author of two installments of the 39 Clues series that DreamWorks is developing as a film. Ungifted is the story of a 14-year-old kid of average intelligence who’s accidentally placed in a school of gifted students and tries to hide among the brainiacs to escape punishment for a prank he pulled at his old school. He eventually shakes up the uptight, socially awkward advanced students and learns something about his own capabilities. Walden’s Amanda Morgan Palmer and Michael Bostick brought in the book and will hire a writer shortly. The author was repped by Curtis Brown. Walden Media has become quite active, attaching Jennifer Lopez to Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego, setting Get Low helmer Aaron Schneider to direct The Conscientious Objector, and getting ready to wrap the Gerard Butler-Jonny Weston surf movie Of Men And Mavericks, which Curtis Hanson directed with help from Michael Apted, who helmed the last 15 shooting days because of a health issue for Hanson. Korman’s repped by Curtis Brown Ltd.
Walden Media Acquires Gordon Korman Novel 'Ungifted'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Adam Sandler To Star In Film Quartet For Netflix, Which Continues To Thumb Nose At Theaters
- Warner Bros Connects With iPhone Salesman/Scribe's Pitch For 'I Am Legend' Reboot
- David O Russell Gets 2-Picture Deal With Megan Ellison's Annapurna
- Ice Cube Pitch 'Rocky Mountain High' In Bidding Battle
- Neil Diamond Signs With WME, First Agency In Three Decades
- Sony Pictures Wins 'The West', Mythology-Produced Pitch