VH1 is the latest basic cable network to get into the TV movie business this year, following similar forays by TNT, CMT, BET and, to some extent, USA Network. VH1 is planning a series of biopics about musicians and pop culture icons. First off is a movie about the 1990s R&B/hip-hop/pop trio TLC. The two surviving members of the group, Chilli and Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins, will serve as consultants and executive produce with Bill Diggins and Maggie Malina. Kate Lanier (What’s Love Got To Do With It) has signed on to write the movie. VH1 ventured into scripted programming earlier this year with the series Single Ladies, which was kicked off by a two-hour movie.
VH1 Launches Biopic Franchise With Film About Trio TLC
What's Hot on Deadline
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
'Moana' Pushes 'Office Christmas Party' Off Her Turf; 'La La Land' Hits High Notes - Early AM B.O. Update
'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; 'Bad Boys 4' Moves To Memorial Day
Donald Trump On Role In 'Celebrity Apprentice': "Zero Time" But "Big Stake"; Slams CNN As "Fake News"
Latest TV News
- ‘Breaking Bad’s Walter White For DEA, Says Baldwin-Free ‘SNL’ Cold Open
- Dwayne Johnson & Jimmy Fallon Reunite Military Family On ‘Tonight Show’; Real Tears Ensue
- New ‘Sherlock’ S4 Trailer: “What’s The Very Worst Thing You Can Do To Your Very Best Friends?”
- ‘Blue Bloods’ Ratings Top Night, ’20/20′ Falls, ‘Exorcist’ & ‘Crazy…
- Arrested ‘Silicon Valley’ Star T.J. Miller Keeps Critics’ Choice Hosting Gig
- Donald Trump On Role In ‘Celebrity Apprentice’: “Zero Time” But “Big Stake”; Slams CNN As “Fake News”…