Alberto Barbera has been selected to replace Marco Mueller as director of the Venice International Film Festival. The news marks a return to the world’s oldest film festival for Barbera, who headed the Venice affair from 1998 to 2002. His contract runs four years. Barbera has been director of the National Museum of Cinema in Turin since 2004. Mueller successfully headed the festival for eight years. The 69th Venice International Film Festival will run from from August 29-September 8, 2012.
Venice Festival Names New Director
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot