A little over a week after USA Network announced a January 26 premiere date for new series Common Law, the network has revised its plans, opting to push the series’ debut to summer. USA insiders cited press and research feedback that described Common Law, which stars Michael Ealy and Warren Kole as a pair of detectives forced to attend couples counseling, as a true summer action-comedy. That led to USA’s decision to launch the show where it has had most success introducing new series — in the summer. Of all USA original series, only White Collar (October) and Fairly Legal (January) premiered outside of USA’s sweet for launching new shows, summer. USA won’t replace Common Law with another original in the Thursday 10 PM slot this midseason. Royal Pains and White Collar will air their winter seasons as scheduled. USA will still do a Common Law presentation at the upcoming winter TCA Press Tour as the series is expected to launch in early summer.
USA Network Moves 'Common Law' Debut To Summer
What's Hot on Deadline
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Latest TV News
- Ellen Pompeo On New ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Deal, The Show’s End Game & Legacy And Her Post-‘Grey’s’ Future…
- Former ‘Today’ Co-Host Ann Curry Not Surprised At Matt Lauer’s Ouster
- Ellen Pompeo Inks New 2-Year Deal For ‘Grey’s Anatomy’, Paving Way For Seasons 15 & 16, Adds Producing…
- UK Production Group Argonon Acquires Like A Shot Entertainment & Staffs Up U.S. Division
- ‘Once Upon A Time’ Actress Lana Parrilla Set To Make Directorial Debut For “Chosen” Episode
- ‘The Shannara Chronicles’ Shopped To Other Networks For Season 3