USA Network, which is finishing as the No. 1 cable network for a sixth straight year, has long ago secured a place at the big table next to the broadcast networks. Now the top cable network is formalizing its status as a peer to the broadcast nets by holding an upfront presentation and party during the traditional broadcast upfront week in May. USA’s upfront event will take place at the Lincoln Center’s Alice Tully Hall on the last day of upfront week — Thursday, May 17 — in the evening. After years of private dinners with ad agencies, USA Network held its first upfront presentation at the Tent at Lincoln Center last year on May 2, two weeks before upfront week. The network is moving to a higher-profile time slot and a bigger space this year but plans to keep the emphasis on talent with actors from USA’s original series Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, In Plain Sight, Fairly Legal, Necessary Roughness, Psych, Royal Pains, Suits, White Collar and the upcoming Common Law introducing their shows. USA joins selected few other cable networks — including Turner’s TNT, TBS and Adult Swim and ESPN — that host events during the broadcast upfront week.
USA Network Joins Upfront Week In May
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- Obama Declines To Dance For Ellen DeGeneres’ Show; Republic Still Standing
- ‘Good Place’ NBC Comedy Series Casts William Jackson Harper
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’
- CBS Comedy Pilot 'Superior Donuts' Casts Maz Jobrani
- Laura Dern To Star In HBO Death Row Drama In Development From Alex Gibney
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016