USA Network, which is finishing as the No. 1 cable network for a sixth straight year, has long ago secured a place at the big table next to the broadcast networks. Now the top cable network is formalizing its status as a peer to the broadcast nets by holding an upfront presentation and party during the traditional broadcast upfront week in May. USA’s upfront event will take place at the Lincoln Center’s Alice Tully Hall on the last day of upfront week — Thursday, May 17 — in the evening. After years of private dinners with ad agencies, USA Network held its first upfront presentation at the Tent at Lincoln Center last year on May 2, two weeks before upfront week. The network is moving to a higher-profile time slot and a bigger space this year but plans to keep the emphasis on talent with actors from USA’s original series Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, In Plain Sight, Fairly Legal, Necessary Roughness, Psych, Royal Pains, Suits, White Collar and the upcoming Common Law introducing their shows. USA joins selected few other cable networks — including Turner’s TNT, TBS and Adult Swim and ESPN — that host events during the broadcast upfront week.
USA Network Joins Upfront Week In May
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- Brody Jenner & Stevie Ryan Relationship Talk Show Ordered By E! As Presentation
- Adam Davidson To Direct Pilot For 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series
- 'Two & Half Men' Co-Creator Lee Aronsohn & Marcus Wiley Sell Comedy To ABC
- Starz Ballet Drama 'Flesh And Bone' To Become Limited Series
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'
- Tracy Katsky Lines Up Six Comedy Sales, Extends Deal With Kapital Entertainment