USA Network, which is finishing as the No. 1 cable network for a sixth straight year, has long ago secured a place at the big table next to the broadcast networks. Now the top cable network is formalizing its status as a peer to the broadcast nets by holding an upfront presentation and party during the traditional broadcast upfront week in May. USA’s upfront event will take place at the Lincoln Center’s Alice Tully Hall on the last day of upfront week — Thursday, May 17 — in the evening. After years of private dinners with ad agencies, USA Network held its first upfront presentation at the Tent at Lincoln Center last year on May 2, two weeks before upfront week. The network is moving to a higher-profile time slot and a bigger space this year but plans to keep the emphasis on talent with actors from USA’s original series Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, In Plain Sight, Fairly Legal, Necessary Roughness, Psych, Royal Pains, Suits, White Collar and the upcoming Common Law introducing their shows. USA joins selected few other cable networks — including Turner’s TNT, TBS and Adult Swim and ESPN — that host events during the broadcast upfront week.
USA Network Joins Upfront Week In May
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'