In her first series gig, Uma Thurman has been tapped for a major five-episode guest-starring arc on NBC’s midseason musical drama Smash. On the series, about the process of creating and staging Marilyn, a Broadway musical based on the life of Marilyn Monroe, Thurman will play a famous and somewhat difficult movie star who flirts with the idea of starring in the production. The Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill star won a Golden Globe for one of her rare TV stints, in the HBO movie Hysterical Blindness. She will next be seen in the film Eloise in Paris. Smash, which stars Debra Messing, Christian Borle, Katharine McPhee, Megan Hilty, Anjelica Huston and Jack Davenport, premieres on Feb. 6.
Uma Thurman To Do Major Arc On 'Smash'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest TV News
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’ Gets Season 2 Premiere Date On Netflix
- ‘Get Christie Love’: Julia Kelly Cast In ABC Reboot Pilot
- Fox News To Launch Stand-Alone Subscription Service Fox Nation
- ‘American Idol’ Revival Lands At CTV For Midseason Premiere
- Can UFC Still Land A Knockout TV Deal Despite Ratings Slide And Talent Drain?
- Paul Rudd Game For ‘Tonight Show Fallon 5’ Debut During PyeongChang Olympics