In her first series gig, Uma Thurman has been tapped for a major five-episode guest-starring arc on NBC’s midseason musical drama Smash. On the series, about the process of creating and staging Marilyn, a Broadway musical based on the life of Marilyn Monroe, Thurman will play a famous and somewhat difficult movie star who flirts with the idea of starring in the production. The Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill star won a Golden Globe for one of her rare TV stints, in the HBO movie Hysterical Blindness. She will next be seen in the film Eloise in Paris. Smash, which stars Debra Messing, Christian Borle, Katharine McPhee, Megan Hilty, Anjelica Huston and Jack Davenport, premieres on Feb. 6.
Uma Thurman To Do Major Arc On 'Smash'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- So What Happened Last Night In Sweden? Twitter Ponders Donald Trump Mystery
- Sen. John McCain Reassures ‘Meet The Press’ Host “We Need You”; Beltway Programs Swoon
- ‘Gunpowder’: Kit Harington, Mark Gatiss, Liv Tyler & Peter Mullan Light Up BBC Drama
- CAS Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Among Winners – Full List
- Donald Trump Mauls Media At Florida Rally
- ‘Shark Tank’ & ‘Hawaii Five-O’ Ratings Down, CBS & ABC Tied For Demo Top Spot