In her first series gig, Uma Thurman has been tapped for a major five-episode guest-starring arc on NBC’s midseason musical drama Smash. On the series, about the process of creating and staging Marilyn, a Broadway musical based on the life of Marilyn Monroe, Thurman will play a famous and somewhat difficult movie star who flirts with the idea of starring in the production. The Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill star won a Golden Globe for one of her rare TV stints, in the HBO movie Hysterical Blindness. She will next be seen in the film Eloise in Paris. Smash, which stars Debra Messing, Christian Borle, Katharine McPhee, Megan Hilty, Anjelica Huston and Jack Davenport, premieres on Feb. 6.
Uma Thurman To Do Major Arc On 'Smash'
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'Split' Soars To Mid-$30M After Solid $2M Start; 'xXx,' $1.2M, 'Founder,' $105K In Previews As 'Hidden Figures' Stays Strong - Friday - UPDATE
Paramount Gets China Infusion: $1 Billion, 3-Year Slate Co-Financing Deal With Shanghai Film Group & Huahua Media
Hollywood Reacts To Trump Inauguration: "Country Is Lost", Tweets Alec Baldwin; Scott Baio Proud To Be "Deplorable"
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Treats Trump International Hotel Guests To First Look At First Family Walking Inaugural Parade Route
- Kinetic Content Ups Key Development Execs To EVP Roles
- Obama Can’t Stop Speechifying As President Trump Signs First Bill, Forcing TV Networks To Make Choices
- Settlement Reached In Legal Fight Over ‘Star Trek’ Fan Film
- Donald Trump’s FCC Chairman Pick Is Ajit Pai: Report
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner Joins ABC Drama Series ‘Ten Days In The Valley’