HBO has released the first teaser for its upcoming film Game Change, which follows John McCain’s 2008 presidential campaign from his selection of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate to their ultimate defeat in the general election. The trailer showcases Julianne Moore as Palin, Ed Harris as McCain and Woody Harrelson as McCain adviser Steve Schmidt as they search for a vice presidential candidate that would help thwart Barack Obama’s momentum — and culminates with the big coming-out party for Palin at the Republican National Convention. Game Change, produced by Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman’s Playtone, directed by Jay Roach and written by Danny Strong, premieres in March. The movie will not be as controversial as it would’ve been had Palin decided to run for president next year.
TV TEASER: Julianne Moore As Sarah Palin In HBO Film 'Game Change'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Ropes $39M; 'Ninjago' Dulls Sword To $20M+; 'Friend Request' A Loner With $1.8M
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
Latest TV News
- ‘Will & Grace’ Gang Takes On Donnie & Melania – Tribeca TV Festival
- Stevie Wonder “Takes A Knee” For America At Global Citizen Festival
- ‘Free Speech Week’ With Milo Yiannopoulos, Ann Coulter, Steve Bannon Canceled At UC Berkeley
- Golden State Warriors Will Not Visit Donald Trump’s White House
- MSNBC Devotes Day To Global Citizen Festival Featuring Stevie Wonder, Green Day, Pharrell Williams
- Donald Trump Doubles Down On NFL Stance: Kneelers Should Be Fired