HBO has released the first teaser for its upcoming film Game Change, which follows John McCain’s 2008 presidential campaign from his selection of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate to their ultimate defeat in the general election. The trailer showcases Julianne Moore as Palin, Ed Harris as McCain and Woody Harrelson as McCain adviser Steve Schmidt as they search for a vice presidential candidate that would help thwart Barack Obama’s momentum — and culminates with the big coming-out party for Palin at the Republican National Convention. Game Change, produced by Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman’s Playtone, directed by Jay Roach and written by Danny Strong, premieres in March. The movie will not be as controversial as it would’ve been had Palin decided to run for president next year.
TV TEASER: Julianne Moore As Sarah Palin In HBO Film 'Game Change'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'People Magazine Awards' Sluggish In Debut, 'Big Bang' Tops Slow Thursday
- David Fincher Shepherding HBO Comedy About 1980s Music Video Industry
- David Fincher & James Ellroy Developing 1950s Los Angeles Drama For HBO
- Barbie Kligman Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- 'Survivor' Finale On Par, 'Hell's Kitchen' Closer Slips From Last Season