EXCLUSIVE: Veteran Gersh TV lit agent Amy Retzinger, who left the agency last week, is joining boutique agency Verve. Retzinger will be a new partner at the agency, the first agent outside the founding trio of Bryan Besser, Adam Levine, and Bill Weinstein to join the partnership. She will start on January 2. “Amy is a dynamic, respected force in the television business with superior taste, excellent clients, and a ferocious drive,” Besser, Levine, and Weinstein said in a statement. “She will be an important and powerful addition to our growing business.” Retzinger adds TV lit experience to Verve, whose founding partners hail from the feature side of lit representation. But the agency does not plan to create film and TV departments, opting instead to keep its current fluid structure in which agents do everything. During her decade-long tenure at Gersh, Retzinger was a senior member of the agency’s TV literary department, representing writers and directors on such series as Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Walking Dead, and The Good Wife. “In its two-year history, Verve has proven to be a very creative, forward-thinking company in its approach to the representation business,” Retzinger said. ” I’m looking forward to joining the team, and to continuing to build the company into the premiere agency in the industry.” Next month will mark the second anniversary of Verve, which was launched on January 4, 2010.
TV Lit Agent Amy Retzinger Joins Verve As New Partner
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- Donald Trump: Abedin-Weiner Split Exposes Possible National Security Risk In Clinton Campaign