EXCLUSIVE: Cara Lewis, a dominant agent in the hip-hop sphere, will leave WME at the end of the month when her contract expires. Lewis spent 23 years at WMA and WME, and her client list includes Kanye West, Eminem, B.o.B, Big Boi, Common, Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, Kid Cudi, Lupe Fiasco, Nas, Ne-Yo, Pitbull, Soulja Boy, the Roots and Tinie Tempah. Music touring has become an increasingly important segment for agencies, so this one will be interesting to follow. A source close to Lewis confirmed she’ll leave, saying they just couldn’t come to terms on a new deal.
Top Hip-Hop Agent Cara Lewis Leaving WME; Will Kanye West And Eminem Follow?
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
'Constantine' Ratings Rise, 'Last Man Standing' Down, 'Shark Tank' Up, 'Blue Bloods' Even; ABC Wins Night In Demo
More From Fleming Jr
- Hobbit Sings Sweet Farewell To Middle Earth
- Charles Sipkins Exiting Sony As Corporate PR Head
- Jean-Marc Vallee To Direct Amy Adams In Janis Joplin Biopic
- Katee Sackhoff Gets 'Girl Flu'
- Richard Linklater Cast For Career Achievement Award
- Josh Boone Says Warner Bros Will Turn Stephen King's 'The Stand' Into Four Films