EXCLUSIVE: Cara Lewis, a dominant agent in the hip-hop sphere, will leave WME at the end of the month when her contract expires. Lewis spent 23 years at WMA and WME, and her client list includes Kanye West, Eminem, B.o.B, Big Boi, Common, Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, Kid Cudi, Lupe Fiasco, Nas, Ne-Yo, Pitbull, Soulja Boy, the Roots and Tinie Tempah. Music touring has become an increasingly important segment for agencies, so this one will be interesting to follow. A source close to Lewis confirmed she’ll leave, saying they just couldn’t come to terms on a new deal.
Top Hip-Hop Agent Cara Lewis Leaving WME; Will Kanye West And Eminem Follow?
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Dax Shepard Driving Warner Bros 'CHiPS' Film; Michael Pena To Play Ponch
- 'GOT's Emilia Clarke, 'Hunger Games' Sam Claflin To Star In MGM's 'Me Before You'
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur