EXCLUSIVE: Cara Lewis, a dominant agent in the hip-hop sphere, will leave WME at the end of the month when her contract expires. Lewis spent 23 years at WMA and WME, and her client list includes Kanye West, Eminem, B.o.B, Big Boi, Common, Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, Kid Cudi, Lupe Fiasco, Nas, Ne-Yo, Pitbull, Soulja Boy, the Roots and Tinie Tempah. Music touring has become an increasingly important segment for agencies, so this one will be interesting to follow. A source close to Lewis confirmed she’ll leave, saying they just couldn’t come to terms on a new deal.
Top Hip-Hop Agent Cara Lewis Leaving WME; Will Kanye West And Eminem Follow?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Downton Abbey' Finale: Exec Producer Gareth Neame On Allen Leech & Lily James' Future, Season 7 & That Proposal
More From Fleming Jr
- Jennifer Lawrence, Steven Spielberg & Warner Bros Land War Photog Memoir ‘It’s What I Do’
- Drew Goddard Meeting To Script, Helm New ‘Spider-Man’
- Weinstein Gobbles McDonald’s ‘Founder’ Pic; Michael Keaton Starring
- Luc Besson Finds New Action Hero? EuropaCorp Sets Sullivan Stapleton For ‘The Lake’
- IM Global & Republic Records Team On Bille Woodruff-Helmed ‘Rollin’ Thunder’
- Bart & Fleming: Tom Rothman Rises; Adam Goodman Exits; Raunchy Comediennes