Tom Shadyac’s documentary I Am will kick off OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network’s Super Soul Sunday programming block on January 1, 2012. Onetime hit feature director Shadyac’s life took quite a turn after he suffered a concussion in a cycling accident that left him unable to work for months. The director of Liar Liar, The Nutty Professor and Ace Ventura: Pet Detective underwent a profound transformation that he chronicles in the movie. I Am follows Shadyac’s quest to answer two questions: “What’s wrong with the world” and “What can we do about it?”. He interviews notable men and women from the worlds of science, philosophy, academia and faith — including Archbishop Desmond Tutu, David Suzuki, Noam Chomsky, Howard Zinn, Lynne McTaggart, Ray Anderson, John Francis, Coleman Barks and Marc Ian Barasch. Oprah Winfrey’s separate interview with Shadyac introduces the documentary. Super Soul Sunday airs 8-11 AM with an encore beginning at noon. I Am will be available January 3 on DVD. Watch the trailer previously posted on Deadline here.
Tom Shadyac's 'I Am' Documentary To Debut Jan. 1 On Oprah Winfrey Network
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Film News
- Michael Nyqvist Signs With ICM Partners
- Universal Hires Telemundo Film Music Exec; Starz Acquires ‘Tumbledown’ – Film Briefs
- ‘Aloha’ Review: Cameron Crowe Fights Bad Buzz, Summer Tentpoles With Hawaii-Set Romantic Comedy
- Peter Heller Novel ‘The Painter’ Lands With ‘Fighter’ Scribe Paul Tamasy, ‘Blackfish’ Helmer…
- CAA Adds Maren Olson To Film Finance & Sales Group
- ‘Pawn Sacrifice’ Trailer: Bobby Fischer Vs. The World In Bleecker Street’s Chess Drama