EXCLUSIVE: TLC has given the green light to Hook, Line & Sisters, a seven-episode family docu reality series set in the competitive world of deep-sea fishing. The series, set to premiere on December 29, chronicles the lives of the Andersons, a Colorado family of a dad, mom and two twentysomething daughters who make a living deep-water fishing in Alaska. The series chronicles the quartet’s daily life on a boat together during the 3-month fishing season, when they put everything on the line for a successful catch in the face of potential financial hardship. Patriarch Dean Anderson is the captain of the Memry Annea, a grizzled sea dog known as much for his aggressive fishing as his salmon hauls. His wife, Susan, manages the family’s finances and also referees familial feuds. The series, produced by Screaming Flea Prods, centers on Dean’s daughters — 26-year-old Sierra and 21-year-old Memry — rare female fishers in a male-dominated industry. Sierra has her father’s sea-loving spirit and strives to please him, while fashionista Memry has a more tumultuous relationship with her dad.
TLC Greenlights Deep-Water Fishing Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
'Alice' Sees $62.7M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.7M; 'X-Men' Cumes $183.4M - Int'l Box Office Final
Latest TV News
- Euro 2016: Will French Strikes & Fuel Shortages Be A Boon For Broadcasters?
- Warriors-Thunder Game 7 Is Cable’s Most Watched NBA Telecast Ever With 16M Viewers On TNT
- ‘The Shield’ Actor Michael Jace Guilty Of Second-Degree Murder
- ‘Dance Moms’ Abby Lee Miller In Plea Deal Talks For $5M Fraud Case; Seeks Another Delay From Judge
- Facebook, Twitter & Others To Combat Hate Speech In Europe; Lars Mikkelsen ‘Rides Upon The Storm’; Paul Hogan Mini…
- Donald Trump Calls ABC Reporter “A Sleaze” During News Conference About Veterans Fundraiser