Time Warner Cable has finally reached an agreement to deliver mobile TV applications HBO Go and MAX Go to its customers. TWC has been the largest pay TV provider that hasn’t signed an agreement with its former parent company’s premium cable networks applications for TV Everywhere. Within the next month, the companyl run a brief beta trial and then the service is expected to launch to all Time Warner Cable customers who subscribe to HBO within the next month. Subscribers “to HBO and/or Cinemax will have free, unlimited access to the corresponding online services at any time, on any computer in the U.S. with a high-speed Internet connection, as well as a host of other devices, including the iPad,” Time Warner said in an announcement late Friday. Time Warner Cable was the last major holdout in signing a deal for the mobile application, which has been downloaded for use on iPhones, iPads and other devices more than 5 million times. The Apple and Android apps were introduced April 29. HBO Go will allow video-on-demand access to old and current programming including True Blood and The Sopranos on Internet-connected computers, mobile phones and tablet computers. The company said more than 1,400 titiles will be available online to Time Warner Cable customers who subscribe to HBO, with 400 additional titles available to Cinemax subscribers. Most new titles will be available simultaneously with their premieres on the networks. Once the services are fully launched, subscribers can go to HBOGO.com and MAXGO.com, sign in with their TWC ID and start watching.
HBO Go, MAX Go Finally Launching On Time Warner Cable Systems Within Next Month
What's Hot on Deadline
WGA Awards: 'Moonlight' & 'Arrival' Win Top Film Prizes; FX's 'Atlanta' & 'The Americans' Lead TV - Complete Winners List
'The Good Fight' Premiere: Showrunners On New Streaming Setup, Deleted Trump Scene, Alicia & Eli Possibly Coming Back
Latest Film News
- Google & Microsoft To Demote Piracy Sites In UK Search Results
- Kim Dotcom Loses U.S. Extradition Appeal, But Claims Victory In Copyright Ruling
- Oscars: Is ‘Moonlight’ Poised To Make History After WGA Original Screenplay Win?
- Motion Pictures Sound Editors' Golden Reel Awards: ‘Hacksaw Ridge,’ ‘Westworld’ Among Winners…
- Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘People V. O.J. Simpson’ Among Winners…
- WGA Members Outline Top Issues In Looming Contract Negotiations – WGA Awards