Now that Disney has green lit The Lone Ranger after derailing the film last fall to drop the budget, director Gore Verbinski’s mission is to lock in the cast. Turns out they all waited around and are available when the film begins production in February. Disney has closed a deal with Ruth Wilson, the Luther star courted to play the female lead alongside Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer. Now, Tom Wilkinson is closing in on a deal to play lead villain Latham Cole. The studio is also workout out deals with Barry Pepper, Helena Bonham Carter, James Badge Dale and Dwight Yoakum.
'The Lone Ranger' Lassoing Original Cast As Tom Wilkinson Commits To Villainy
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest Film News
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…
- Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev ‘Mortal Engines’; Directing Debut For ‘Hobbit’ VFX Protege…