Now that Disney has green lit The Lone Ranger after derailing the film last fall to drop the budget, director Gore Verbinski’s mission is to lock in the cast. Turns out they all waited around and are available when the film begins production in February. Disney has closed a deal with Ruth Wilson, the Luther star courted to play the female lead alongside Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer. Now, Tom Wilkinson is closing in on a deal to play lead villain Latham Cole. The studio is also workout out deals with Barry Pepper, Helena Bonham Carter, James Badge Dale and Dwight Yoakum.
'The Lone Ranger' Lassoing Original Cast As Tom Wilkinson Commits To Villainy
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Monday AM Update
'Rogue One' Rises To $980M Global; 'Passengers' Takes Over Offshore No. 1 - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Isabelle Huppert Adds Another Honor As Oscar Noms Loom
- Gerald Levin To Donald Trump On Rep. John Lewis: Have You No Sense Of Decency, Sir?
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? – Monday AM Update
- Cannes Film Festival Re-Elects Pierre Lescure As President; Lionsgate Inks Deals For ‘Kicking & Screaming’…
- Oprah Winfrey, Van Jones & Ava DuVernay Talk Politics At Netflix Exec’s Home
- ‘Rogue One’ Rises To $980M Global; ‘Passengers’ Takes Over Offshore No. 1 – International…