Now that Disney has green lit The Lone Ranger after derailing the film last fall to drop the budget, director Gore Verbinski’s mission is to lock in the cast. Turns out they all waited around and are available when the film begins production in February. Disney has closed a deal with Ruth Wilson, the Luther star courted to play the female lead alongside Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer. Now, Tom Wilkinson is closing in on a deal to play lead villain Latham Cole. The studio is also workout out deals with Barry Pepper, Helena Bonham Carter, James Badge Dale and Dwight Yoakum.
'The Lone Ranger' Lassoing Original Cast As Tom Wilkinson Commits To Villainy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
Universal Brands New Monster Movies As 'Dark Universe'; Bill Condon's 'Bride Of Frankenstein' Up Next In 2019 - Video
Latest Film News
- ‘The Originals’ Danielle Campbell Boards 'You Can Choose Your Family'
- Why ‘Alien: Covenant’ Lost Its Bite At The B.O. With $36.1M Opening, -34% From ‘Prometheus’ — Box…
- ‘The Wizard Of Lies’ Production Designer Laurence Bennett On Crafting A Dickensian Nightmare
- ‘Resident Evil’ Franchise Reboot: James Wan On Board To Produce From Greg Russo Script
- Barry Jenkins On ‘The Underground Railroad’ And The Power Of “No” – Deadline Disruptors
- Big Media CEO Compensation Rose 21% In 2016: Is It More Out Of Whack Than Ever?