Now that Disney has green lit The Lone Ranger after derailing the film last fall to drop the budget, director Gore Verbinski’s mission is to lock in the cast. Turns out they all waited around and are available when the film begins production in February. Disney has closed a deal with Ruth Wilson, the Luther star courted to play the female lead alongside Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer. Now, Tom Wilkinson is closing in on a deal to play lead villain Latham Cole. The studio is also workout out deals with Barry Pepper, Helena Bonham Carter, James Badge Dale and Dwight Yoakum.
'The Lone Ranger' Lassoing Original Cast As Tom Wilkinson Commits To Villainy
What's Hot on Deadline
'South Park's Donald Trump Argues That Vote For Hillary Clinton Is Vote Against New 'Star Wars' Movie
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- UK High Court Orders ISPs To Block 13 Piracy Websites
- Hounds At His Heels, Brad Grey Fights For Paramount’s Future –Part 1
- Doug Liman On The Challenges Of Shooting In The Virtual Reality Format
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Topher Grace Joins Cast Of ‘Under The Silver Lake’
- Eric Bana To Star Opposite Forest Whitaker In Desmond Tutu Pic ‘The Forgiven’