Taylor Swift, the Civil Wars, Win Butler and Regine Chassagne of Arcade Fire collaborated with T-Bone Burnett as the first of several contributors to the companion album for The Hunger Games, Lionsgate and Universal Republic Records confirmed today. Produced by Burnett, the companion album will feature all newly written songs based on themes that figure in The Hunger Games. Swift collaborated with Burnett to write and perform the album’s first single Safe and Sound which launched yesterday on iTunes and became one of the site’s top 10 songs within 12 hours. Butler and Chassagne have written a song with Burnett for the album entitled Horn Of Plenty, and The Decemberists contributed the original song One Engine. Burnett is executive music producer for the movie, and James Newton Howard is composing the score. The companion album will be released before the movie’s opening March 23. The Hunger Games soundtrack will be released separately.
Taylor Swift, Arcade Fire, The Decemberists Record Songs For 'The Hunger Games'
What's Hot on Deadline
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: Saoirse Ronan And Director John Crowley On How ‘Brooklyn’ Became Such A Personal Movie…
- ‘Frat Pack’ Producers Say Cast & Crew Have Been Paid After Delay – Updated
- Christopher McQuarrie Accepts ‘Mission: Impossible 6’
- The Weinstein Co. Puts ‘The Alchemist’ In Turnaround
- RealD Says Potential Bidders Backed Off Over Concerns About 3D’s Prospects
- Fullscreen Taps Ex-Hulu Boss Andy Forssell As COO