Taylor Swift, the Civil Wars, Win Butler and Regine Chassagne of Arcade Fire collaborated with T-Bone Burnett as the first of several contributors to the companion album for The Hunger Games, Lionsgate and Universal Republic Records confirmed today. Produced by Burnett, the companion album will feature all newly written songs based on themes that figure in The Hunger Games. Swift collaborated with Burnett to write and perform the album’s first single Safe and Sound which launched yesterday on iTunes and became one of the site’s top 10 songs within 12 hours. Butler and Chassagne have written a song with Burnett for the album entitled Horn Of Plenty, and The Decemberists contributed the original song One Engine. Burnett is executive music producer for the movie, and James Newton Howard is composing the score. The companion album will be released before the movie’s opening March 23. The Hunger Games soundtrack will be released separately.
Taylor Swift, Arcade Fire, The Decemberists Record Songs For 'The Hunger Games'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Maze Runner' Over $30M; Liam's Leisurely 'Walk' To $14M; 'Where I Leave You' Stays Put At No. 3
More From Team
- James Franco, Seth Rogen Celebrate Jimmy Fallon's 40th In Their Birthday Suits: VIDEO
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'