Taylor Swift, the Civil Wars, Win Butler and Regine Chassagne of Arcade Fire collaborated with T-Bone Burnett as the first of several contributors to the companion album for The Hunger Games, Lionsgate and Universal Republic Records confirmed today. Produced by Burnett, the companion album will feature all newly written songs based on themes that figure in The Hunger Games. Swift collaborated with Burnett to write and perform the album’s first single Safe and Sound which launched yesterday on iTunes and became one of the site’s top 10 songs within 12 hours. Butler and Chassagne have written a song with Burnett for the album entitled Horn Of Plenty, and The Decemberists contributed the original song One Engine. Burnett is executive music producer for the movie, and James Newton Howard is composing the score. The companion album will be released before the movie’s opening March 23. The Hunger Games soundtrack will be released separately.
Taylor Swift, Arcade Fire, The Decemberists Record Songs For 'The Hunger Games'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Future In Question With Possible Sex Offender Connection
- Gotham Awards Nominees Announced: 'Boyhood' & 'Birdman' Lead Way