Taylor Swift, the Civil Wars, Win Butler and Regine Chassagne of Arcade Fire collaborated with T-Bone Burnett as the first of several contributors to the companion album for The Hunger Games, Lionsgate and Universal Republic Records confirmed today. Produced by Burnett, the companion album will feature all newly written songs based on themes that figure in The Hunger Games. Swift collaborated with Burnett to write and perform the album’s first single Safe and Sound which launched yesterday on iTunes and became one of the site’s top 10 songs within 12 hours. Butler and Chassagne have written a song with Burnett for the album entitled Horn Of Plenty, and The Decemberists contributed the original song One Engine. Burnett is executive music producer for the movie, and James Newton Howard is composing the score. The companion album will be released before the movie’s opening March 23. The Hunger Games soundtrack will be released separately.
Taylor Swift, Arcade Fire, The Decemberists Record Songs For 'The Hunger Games'
Trending Now on Deadline
Int'l Box Office Update: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; 'Dracula Untold', 'Gone Girl', 'Annabelle' Hold Well; Local Action In France, Mexico; More
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Parents, Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized to Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
Box Office Weekend: 'Fury' Wins War With $23M+; 'Book Of Life,' $16.6M to $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M; 'Best Of Me' $10M+
More From Team
- Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
- 'American Idol' Contestant Joanne Borgella Dead At 32
- Gena Rowlands To Receive Career Honors From LA Film Critics
- 'Good Kill' Drone Movie Lands At IFC Films
- Tao Okamoto Cast In 'Hannibal'; 'Complications' Adds 2
- Showtime Ratings: 2.5M Subscribers Watch 'The Affair' — Network's Best Ever Series Debut Live + 3 Lift : UPDATE