Taylor Swift, the Civil Wars, Win Butler and Regine Chassagne of Arcade Fire collaborated with T-Bone Burnett as the first of several contributors to the companion album for The Hunger Games, Lionsgate and Universal Republic Records confirmed today. Produced by Burnett, the companion album will feature all newly written songs based on themes that figure in The Hunger Games. Swift collaborated with Burnett to write and perform the album’s first single Safe and Sound which launched yesterday on iTunes and became one of the site’s top 10 songs within 12 hours. Butler and Chassagne have written a song with Burnett for the album entitled Horn Of Plenty, and The Decemberists contributed the original song One Engine. Burnett is executive music producer for the movie, and James Newton Howard is composing the score. The companion album will be released before the movie’s opening March 23. The Hunger Games soundtrack will be released separately.
Taylor Swift, Arcade Fire, The Decemberists Record Songs For 'The Hunger Games'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
'This Is Us': Alexandra Breckenridge, & Jon Huertas Upped To Series Regulars For Season 2 Of NBC Drama
Latest Film News
- CAA Signs Oscar- & Emmy-Winning Writer-Director Aaron Sorkin
- ‘My Little Pony’ Trailer: There’s Trouble In Ponyville, But The Mane 6 Are On The Case
- SAG-AFTRA Briefs Agents On Contract Talks Amid Strike Threat
- Terry Zwigoff Signs With ICM Partners
- Shaun Grant To Adapt ‘Penguin Bloom’; Naomi Watts To Star
- Saban Films Ups Execs Jonathan Saba & Ness Saban