Taylor Swift, the Civil Wars, Win Butler and Regine Chassagne of Arcade Fire collaborated with T-Bone Burnett as the first of several contributors to the companion album for The Hunger Games, Lionsgate and Universal Republic Records confirmed today. Produced by Burnett, the companion album will feature all newly written songs based on themes that figure in The Hunger Games. Swift collaborated with Burnett to write and perform the album’s first single Safe and Sound which launched yesterday on iTunes and became one of the site’s top 10 songs within 12 hours. Butler and Chassagne have written a song with Burnett for the album entitled Horn Of Plenty, and The Decemberists contributed the original song One Engine. Burnett is executive music producer for the movie, and James Newton Howard is composing the score. The companion album will be released before the movie’s opening March 23. The Hunger Games soundtrack will be released separately.
Taylor Swift, Arcade Fire, The Decemberists Record Songs For 'The Hunger Games'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
'Game Of Thrones' Maestro George R.R. Martin Gets In Business With Warner Bros. Animation: Studio To Adapt Author's 'The Ice Dragon'
Latest Film News
- ‘The Sisters Brothers’ Trailer: First Look At Jacques Audiard’s Dark Comedy Western
- Guy Pearce-Kylie Minogue Comedy ‘Flammable Children’ Sells To UK, France, Italy, Spain, More
- Fox 2000 Sets Release Date For ‘The Hate U Give’
- Abrams Artists Agency Ups Jade Sherman To VP On Digital Team
- ‘Outlander’s Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony’s ‘Bloodshot’; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen…
- Gal Gadot, Sue Kroll & Jaron Varsano Team To Produce ‘My Dearest Fidel’