Taylor Swift, the Civil Wars, Win Butler and Regine Chassagne of Arcade Fire collaborated with T-Bone Burnett as the first of several contributors to the companion album for The Hunger Games, Lionsgate and Universal Republic Records confirmed today. Produced by Burnett, the companion album will feature all newly written songs based on themes that figure in The Hunger Games. Swift collaborated with Burnett to write and perform the album’s first single Safe and Sound which launched yesterday on iTunes and became one of the site’s top 10 songs within 12 hours. Butler and Chassagne have written a song with Burnett for the album entitled Horn Of Plenty, and The Decemberists contributed the original song One Engine. Burnett is executive music producer for the movie, and James Newton Howard is composing the score. The companion album will be released before the movie’s opening March 23. The Hunger Games soundtrack will be released separately.
Taylor Swift, Arcade Fire, The Decemberists Record Songs For 'The Hunger Games'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- George & Amal Clooney Donate $1 Million To Fight Hate Groups
- ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri’ To Close London Film Festival
- Hollywood Studios Prevail In China Copyright Infringement Case
- Alicia Silverstone, Tommy Dewey & Katie Aselton Cast In ‘Book Club’
- Leslie Zemeckis Joins Untitled Robert Zemeckis Project Based On Docu ‘Marwencol’
- SAG-AFTRA Presidential Candidate Peter Antico Has Plan To Reshape Union