Sara Rue, who hosted the CW’s reality series Shedding For The Wedding last season, is back at the network, this time as the creator/star/producer of a multi-camera comedy project. As part of the CW’s push into half-hour comedies this season, the network has bought Poseurs, which follows Lucy (Rue), a young woman whose life is upended when her fiancée moves out and her fresh-from-rehab collegiate best friend, Alexandra, moves in. The two friends pose as a lesbian couple and actually get married in order to stay in the nice apartment building that only allows married couples. Rue will write the Warner Bros. TV-produced project, which has received a script commitment, and will serve as a co-executive producer, while her long-time manager Alan David will be a producer. APA-repped Rue is recurring on CBS’ Rules Of Engagement.
The CW Buys Comedy Written By And Starring Sara Rue
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Imagine Entertainment Takes Controlling Interest In Comedy Series Producer Jax Media
- California’s IMDb Age Law Violates First Amendment, Federal Court Rules; SAG-AFTRA “Extremely Disappointed”…
- Donald Trump Signs Memorandum Directing AG Jeff Sessions To “Propose Regulations” Banning Bump Stocks
- Netflix's Sabrina The Teenage Witch Series Casts Miranda Otto As Aunt Zelda
- Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives…
- Disney Channel’s ‘Zombies’ Premiere Beats Friday Olympics In Kid Demos