Sara Rue, who hosted the CW’s reality series Shedding For The Wedding last season, is back at the network, this time as the creator/star/producer of a multi-camera comedy project. As part of the CW’s push into half-hour comedies this season, the network has bought Poseurs, which follows Lucy (Rue), a young woman whose life is upended when her fiancée moves out and her fresh-from-rehab collegiate best friend, Alexandra, moves in. The two friends pose as a lesbian couple and actually get married in order to stay in the nice apartment building that only allows married couples. Rue will write the Warner Bros. TV-produced project, which has received a script commitment, and will serve as a co-executive producer, while her long-time manager Alan David will be a producer. APA-repped Rue is recurring on CBS’ Rules Of Engagement.
The CW Buys Comedy Written By And Starring Sara Rue
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot