Sara Rue, who hosted the CW’s reality series Shedding For The Wedding last season, is back at the network, this time as the creator/star/producer of a multi-camera comedy project. As part of the CW’s push into half-hour comedies this season, the network has bought Poseurs, which follows Lucy (Rue), a young woman whose life is upended when her fiancée moves out and her fresh-from-rehab collegiate best friend, Alexandra, moves in. The two friends pose as a lesbian couple and actually get married in order to stay in the nice apartment building that only allows married couples. Rue will write the Warner Bros. TV-produced project, which has received a script commitment, and will serve as a co-executive producer, while her long-time manager Alan David will be a producer. APA-repped Rue is recurring on CBS’ Rules Of Engagement.
The CW Buys Comedy Written By And Starring Sara Rue
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest TV News
- Natalie Dormer To Topline & Produce Vivien Leigh Series With FremantleMedia & UK’s Mainstreet Pictures
- David Cross Latest ‘Arrested Development’ Star To Apologize To Jessica Walter; Show’s UK Press Tour Canceled
- Harvey Weinstein Expected To Do Perp Walk Friday When He Surrenders To NYPD
- ‘Cobra Kai’: Martin Kove Becomes Series Regular For Season 2 Of YouTube Show
- ‘Big Little Lies’: P.J. Byrne Set For Season 2 Return
- ‘American Princess’: Lesley Ann Warren & Max Ehrich Set To Recur In Lifetime Series