Sara Rue, who hosted the CW’s reality series Shedding For The Wedding last season, is back at the network, this time as the creator/star/producer of a multi-camera comedy project. As part of the CW’s push into half-hour comedies this season, the network has bought Poseurs, which follows Lucy (Rue), a young woman whose life is upended when her fiancée moves out and her fresh-from-rehab collegiate best friend, Alexandra, moves in. The two friends pose as a lesbian couple and actually get married in order to stay in the nice apartment building that only allows married couples. Rue will write the Warner Bros. TV-produced project, which has received a script commitment, and will serve as a co-executive producer, while her long-time manager Alan David will be a producer. APA-repped Rue is recurring on CBS’ Rules Of Engagement.
The CW Buys Comedy Written By And Starring Sara Rue
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bill Burr To Star In FX Comedy Pilot From 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' Team
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios