Sara Rue, who hosted the CW’s reality series Shedding For The Wedding last season, is back at the network, this time as the creator/star/producer of a multi-camera comedy project. As part of the CW’s push into half-hour comedies this season, the network has bought Poseurs, which follows Lucy (Rue), a young woman whose life is upended when her fiancée moves out and her fresh-from-rehab collegiate best friend, Alexandra, moves in. The two friends pose as a lesbian couple and actually get married in order to stay in the nice apartment building that only allows married couples. Rue will write the Warner Bros. TV-produced project, which has received a script commitment, and will serve as a co-executive producer, while her long-time manager Alan David will be a producer. APA-repped Rue is recurring on CBS’ Rules Of Engagement.
The CW Buys Comedy Written By And Starring Sara Rue
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
'Beauty And The Beast' Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records - Box Office Projection
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits After Plot Twist On CMT Country Music Drama Series
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?
- Stephen Hopkins To Direct Fox Pilot ‘The Beast’; Jason Ensler To Helm NBC’s ‘Redliners’