Sara Rue, who hosted the CW’s reality series Shedding For The Wedding last season, is back at the network, this time as the creator/star/producer of a multi-camera comedy project. As part of the CW’s push into half-hour comedies this season, the network has bought Poseurs, which follows Lucy (Rue), a young woman whose life is upended when her fiancée moves out and her fresh-from-rehab collegiate best friend, Alexandra, moves in. The two friends pose as a lesbian couple and actually get married in order to stay in the nice apartment building that only allows married couples. Rue will write the Warner Bros. TV-produced project, which has received a script commitment, and will serve as a co-executive producer, while her long-time manager Alan David will be a producer. APA-repped Rue is recurring on CBS’ Rules Of Engagement.
The CW Buys Comedy Written By And Starring Sara Rue
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Latest TV News
- Pilot Season 2017: Network Ownership & In-Season Stacking Rights Cast Shadow
- ‘Big Little Lies’ Notches Another Series High As It Nears April 2 Finale
- Miles Teller To Star In Nicolas Winding Refn’s Amazon Series ‘Too Old To Die Young’
- WGA Members Still Paying For Last Strike
- ‘Westworld’: Louis Herthum Upped To Series Regular For Season 2 On HBO
- ‘True Detective’: David Milch In Talks To Join Nic Pizzolatto For Potential Season 3 On HBO