CULVER CITY, Calif., December 12, 2011 – Sony Pictures and the large network of companies within the Sony family will unite worldwide in support of one of the studio’s most recognized and successful motion picture franchises as the company premieres a first look at Men in Black™ 3 on Monday, December 12, 2011. The launch event, which was announced today by Jeff Blake, Chairman of Sony Pictures Worldwide Marketing and Distribution, will reach a potential audience of 749 million people around the world. Men in Black 3 the movie will be released in theaters worldwide on May 25, 2012.
The trailer will launch worldwide at 11 a.m. GMT on Monday, December 12, 2011 and will be available in 19 languages: English (US), English (International), Spanish (Latin America), Spanish (Castilian), French, Canadian French, German, Italian, Russian, Czech, Polish, Romanian, Ukrainian, Hungarian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Chinese (Traditional – Hong Kong), Chinese (Traditional – Taiwan), Chinese (Simplified), and Korean.
Sony will use the unique reach of its leading subsidiaries across technology, retail, and networked entertainment to unveil the first look at this highly anticipated film. The trailer will appear on numerous Sony networks, internet sites, and other properties, including:
• Sony Pictures Television networks worldwide;
• AXN, Sony Entertainment Television, Sony Movie Channel, Spin, Animax, Game Show Network, and other Sony channels reaching over 577 million homes around the world (on air and on their accompanying websites);
• Sony Entertainment Network, which services tens of millions of consumers worldwide, delivering digital movies, music and games to PlayStation®3 and PSP® through the PlayStation®Network, as well as connected BRAVIA® televisions, Sony Blu-ray Disc™ players and home theater systems, PCs including VAIO® PCs, Sony Ericsson Xperia™ mobile phones, and Sony Tablet;
• Websites (67 million visitors);
Mobile apps (5 million users);
o Sony Pictures;
• Sony channels and pages on social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc) (20 million fans);
• Times Square digital board in New York City; and
• Sony owned retail stores, Sony franchisees, and Sony authorized dealers worldwide.
In addition to debuting via all of the Sony-affiliated platforms and outlets listed above, the trailer can also be seen at MenInBlack.com and users can interact with other fans by liking Facebook.com/MenInBlack or following @MenInBlack on Twitter.
Blake said, “We are always looking for new, innovative, and creative ways to reach moviegoers, and that is especially true with a title like Men in Black, one of our most important franchises. Everyone at Sony felt that this was a fun and unique opportunity to marshal our forces in an unprecedented way and it’s exciting to see the entire group of companies flex its marketing muscle in unison. We believe it gives this trailer launch a distinct, compelling, and significant impact with moviegoers around the world.”
The unprecedented collaboration among the various Sony partners was spearheaded by Dwight Caines, President of Worldwide Digital Marketing for Sony Pictures Entertainment, who said, “We had an extraordinary opportunity within the Sony family and we couldn’t be more proud of the way our collective teams worked together to make this happen. Moviegoers will find the trailer at their favorite Sony destinations and it offers audiences around the world their first glimpse at Men in Black 3 – one of the most eagerly anticipated movies of next year.”
In Men in Black™ 3, Agents J (Will Smith) and K (Tommy Lee Jones) are back… in time. J has seen some inexplicable things in his 15 years with the Men in Black, but nothing, not even aliens, perplexes him as much as his wry, reticent partner. But when K’s life and the fate of the planet are put at stake, Agent J will have to travel back in time to put things right. J discovers that there are secrets to the universe that K never told him — secrets that will reveal themselves as he teams up with the young Agent K (Josh Brolin) to save his partner, the agency, and the future of humankind. The film is directed by Barry Sonnenfeld. The screenplay is written by Etan Cohen, based on the Malibu Comic by Lowell Cunningham. The producers are Walter F. Parkes and Laurie MacDonald, and the executive producers are Steven Spielberg and G. Mac Brown.