Justin Malen has been hired to rewrite The Manny for Gary Sanchez and Red Wagon at Sony. Malen is hot off his script Bastards, which sold last summer to Paramount with Montecito & H2F producing. The Manny is an R-rated comedy about an unemployed (and soon-to-be homeless) recent college grad who, after exhausting all the normal ways of getting a job in the financial world, actually tries nannying his way into one. He figures that if he becomes the manny for the kid of a Wall Street magnate, it will lead to a real job. In the meantime, he’ll be getting paid to live like a prince on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. He’s repped by Verve.
Scribe Justin Malen Hired To Rewrite Sony Feature Comedy 'The Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First
- Apichatpong Weerasethakul’s ‘Cemetery Of Splendour’ Wins At Asia Pacific Awards
- Paul Walker’s Father Sues Porsche For ‘Fast And Furious’ Actor’s Death
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Gets PG-13 Rating
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The…