Justin Malen has been hired to rewrite The Manny for Gary Sanchez and Red Wagon at Sony. Malen is hot off his script Bastards, which sold last summer to Paramount with Montecito & H2F producing. The Manny is an R-rated comedy about an unemployed (and soon-to-be homeless) recent college grad who, after exhausting all the normal ways of getting a job in the financial world, actually tries nannying his way into one. He figures that if he becomes the manny for the kid of a Wall Street magnate, it will lead to a real job. In the meantime, he’ll be getting paid to live like a prince on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. He’s repped by Verve.
Scribe Justin Malen Hired To Rewrite Sony Feature Comedy 'The Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings