Justin Malen has been hired to rewrite The Manny for Gary Sanchez and Red Wagon at Sony. Malen is hot off his script Bastards, which sold last summer to Paramount with Montecito & H2F producing. The Manny is an R-rated comedy about an unemployed (and soon-to-be homeless) recent college grad who, after exhausting all the normal ways of getting a job in the financial world, actually tries nannying his way into one. He figures that if he becomes the manny for the kid of a Wall Street magnate, it will lead to a real job. In the meantime, he’ll be getting paid to live like a prince on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. He’s repped by Verve.
Scribe Justin Malen Hired To Rewrite Sony Feature Comedy 'The Manny'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Fleming Jr
- James Cameron On 'Avatar' Sequels: 'You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open'
- Fox Green Light Starts 'Independence Day' Sequel Countdown
- Sony Hacker Paralysis Reaches Day Two – Update
- Leslie Zemeckis Sells Book On Burlesque Siren Lili St. Cyr
- Weinstein Collars Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani For 'Paddington' Tune
- Wonderland Buys Insurgent Scribe Brian Duffield's 'The Babysitter' Spec In Auction