Justin Malen has been hired to rewrite The Manny for Gary Sanchez and Red Wagon at Sony. Malen is hot off his script Bastards, which sold last summer to Paramount with Montecito & H2F producing. The Manny is an R-rated comedy about an unemployed (and soon-to-be homeless) recent college grad who, after exhausting all the normal ways of getting a job in the financial world, actually tries nannying his way into one. He figures that if he becomes the manny for the kid of a Wall Street magnate, it will lead to a real job. In the meantime, he’ll be getting paid to live like a prince on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. He’s repped by Verve.
Scribe Justin Malen Hired To Rewrite Sony Feature Comedy 'The Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Jones' Parents Unveil New "Safety For Sarah" PSA, Tell Sundance "Never Again, Never Forget" - Video
More From Fleming Jr
- ‘Being Evel’ Producer Johnny Knoxville At Sundance: Daredevil Tales And The Price Of Pushing The Envelope
- Irish Tale ‘Brooklyn’ Lands $9 Million Fox Searchlight Deal – Sundance
- Studio 8, Bona Film Group Join TriStar’s Ang Lee ‘Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk’
- Sony Engaging ‘Imitation Game’ Helmer Morten Tyldum For Space Saga ‘Passengers’
- Disney Eyeing Chris Pratt For Indiana Jones Revival
- Alchemy Confirms Deal For Nicole Kidman-Starrer ‘Strangerland’ – Sundance