Justin Malen has been hired to rewrite The Manny for Gary Sanchez and Red Wagon at Sony. Malen is hot off his script Bastards, which sold last summer to Paramount with Montecito & H2F producing. The Manny is an R-rated comedy about an unemployed (and soon-to-be homeless) recent college grad who, after exhausting all the normal ways of getting a job in the financial world, actually tries nannying his way into one. He figures that if he becomes the manny for the kid of a Wall Street magnate, it will lead to a real job. In the meantime, he’ll be getting paid to live like a prince on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. He’s repped by Verve.
Scribe Justin Malen Hired To Rewrite Sony Feature Comedy 'The Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- Stana Katic Scrubs In For Horror Movie ‘Cadaver’ At Screen Gems
- Joachim Rønning Attached To Direct David Heyman’s ‘Methuselah’ With Tom Cruise
- Iggy Pop Rocks In Jim Jarmusch's 'Gimme Danger' & 'Trumped' Returns Pre-Election – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Director Search Ongoing, But No Offers Yet
- ‘Inferno’ Starts Weekend With $800K – Box Office
- UK High Court Orders ISPs To Block 13 Piracy Websites