Justin Malen has been hired to rewrite The Manny for Gary Sanchez and Red Wagon at Sony. Malen is hot off his script Bastards, which sold last summer to Paramount with Montecito & H2F producing. The Manny is an R-rated comedy about an unemployed (and soon-to-be homeless) recent college grad who, after exhausting all the normal ways of getting a job in the financial world, actually tries nannying his way into one. He figures that if he becomes the manny for the kid of a Wall Street magnate, it will lead to a real job. In the meantime, he’ll be getting paid to live like a prince on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. He’s repped by Verve.
Scribe Justin Malen Hired To Rewrite Sony Feature Comedy 'The Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice Through The Looking Glass' Review: Inventive Sequel Is A Worthwhile Trip Down The Rabbit Hole
Latest Film News
- ‘The Boxcar Children’ Series Of Books To Be Produced As Family Films
- Dwayne Johnson-Rawson Thurber China Action Pitch Stirs Big Bids
- Bernie Sanders Steps Up Attack On Disney Over Disneyland Wages
- Shawn Dunn Boards Original Force As CTO; Pamela Wolfe Named HR Executive VP At Starz
- Epix & Katie Couric Respond To Criticism Over Anti-Gun Docu Editing
- Dominic Bogart Storming ‘The Glass Castle’; Gregg Sulkin Joins Magical App Pic; ‘Battle Of The Sexes’ Courts…