Justin Malen has been hired to rewrite The Manny for Gary Sanchez and Red Wagon at Sony. Malen is hot off his script Bastards, which sold last summer to Paramount with Montecito & H2F producing. The Manny is an R-rated comedy about an unemployed (and soon-to-be homeless) recent college grad who, after exhausting all the normal ways of getting a job in the financial world, actually tries nannying his way into one. He figures that if he becomes the manny for the kid of a Wall Street magnate, it will lead to a real job. In the meantime, he’ll be getting paid to live like a prince on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. He’s repped by Verve.
Scribe Justin Malen Hired To Rewrite Sony Feature Comedy 'The Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Disney Films To Show On Imax Through 2019 With New Distribution Deal
- ‘The Promise’: All Film Proceeds To Non-Profits, Starting With Elton John’s AIDS Charity
- Seijun Suzuki Dies: Cult Japanese Helmer Was 93
- ITV Closure Of London Studios Irks Union; China’s iQiyi Raises $1.5B – Global Briefs
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Dominant With $285M WW; ‘La La’ Lands $200M+ Overseas; ‘XXX’ Tops In China – International…
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: 'La La Land,’ 'Hidden Figures' & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners…