Justin Malen has been hired to rewrite The Manny for Gary Sanchez and Red Wagon at Sony. Malen is hot off his script Bastards, which sold last summer to Paramount with Montecito & H2F producing. The Manny is an R-rated comedy about an unemployed (and soon-to-be homeless) recent college grad who, after exhausting all the normal ways of getting a job in the financial world, actually tries nannying his way into one. He figures that if he becomes the manny for the kid of a Wall Street magnate, it will lead to a real job. In the meantime, he’ll be getting paid to live like a prince on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. He’s repped by Verve.
Scribe Justin Malen Hired To Rewrite Sony Feature Comedy 'The Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein Talks 'Hateful Eight', Sony Hack, Gut Instincts & Socially Aware Oscar Campaigns At Tribeca
Latest Film News
- ‘Furious 7′ Leads Pack, ‘Mall Cop 2′ Bags $23M+, ‘Unfriended’ in Third
- Deadline Studio @ Tribeca Film Festival Day Three: Jason Sudeikis, Rebecca Hall, Dianna Agron And More
- Harvey Weinstein Talks ‘Hateful Eight’, Sony Hack, Gut Instincts & Socially Aware Oscar Campaigns At Tribeca
- ‘Married’s Kimiko Glenn Joins ‘Nerve'; Kino Lorber Acquires ‘Gueros’
- Sony Attorney David Boies Warns Media After WikiLeaks Hacked E-Mail Rehash
- Deadline Studio @ Tribeca Film Festival Day Two: Olivia Wilde, Dakota Fanning, Theo James And More