Justin Malen has been hired to rewrite The Manny for Gary Sanchez and Red Wagon at Sony. Malen is hot off his script Bastards, which sold last summer to Paramount with Montecito & H2F producing. The Manny is an R-rated comedy about an unemployed (and soon-to-be homeless) recent college grad who, after exhausting all the normal ways of getting a job in the financial world, actually tries nannying his way into one. He figures that if he becomes the manny for the kid of a Wall Street magnate, it will lead to a real job. In the meantime, he’ll be getting paid to live like a prince on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. He’s repped by Verve.
Scribe Justin Malen Hired To Rewrite Sony Feature Comedy 'The Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
Hulu Renews 'Mindy Project' For Season 5, Orders New Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Election Special & More - Upfront
Latest Film News
- Daisy Ridley & Naomi Watts In Final Talks To Star In ‘Ophelia’; Covert Media Aboard New Take On ‘Hamlet…
- ‘Don’t Think Twice’ Gets Summer Release Date
- SAG Awards 2017 Set For January 29; Will Air Live On TNT & TBS
- Charlie Hunnam Tapping Inner Steve McQueen In ‘Papillon’ Remake?
- Millennium Films Lands ‘Victim 321’ With ‘Zero Hour’ Helmer Diego Velasco; As ‘London Has Fallen…
- ‘Big Bad Wolves’ Helmers Aharon Keshales & Navot Papushado Exit Bruce Willis ‘Death Wish’ Remake