Justin Malen has been hired to rewrite The Manny for Gary Sanchez and Red Wagon at Sony. Malen is hot off his script Bastards, which sold last summer to Paramount with Montecito & H2F producing. The Manny is an R-rated comedy about an unemployed (and soon-to-be homeless) recent college grad who, after exhausting all the normal ways of getting a job in the financial world, actually tries nannying his way into one. He figures that if he becomes the manny for the kid of a Wall Street magnate, it will lead to a real job. In the meantime, he’ll be getting paid to live like a prince on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. He’s repped by Verve.
Scribe Justin Malen Hired To Rewrite Sony Feature Comedy 'The Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Jason Reitman Takes On ‘Beekle’ Book Adaptation For DreamWorks Animation
- ‘Vampire Diaries’ Star Kat Graham Toplines Tammi Terrell Biopic
- ‘Ant-Man’ Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join ‘Transformers’ Writers Room: Cybertron Pic…
- CAA Signs ‘Kingsman’ And ‘Star Trek 3’s Sofia Boutella
- Nick Harris Dies: Veteran Lit Agent And Story Foundation Co-Founder Was 49
- Warner Bros Dates Catnapping Pic ‘Keanu’ & ‘Going In Style’ Remake For 2016