Justin Malen has been hired to rewrite The Manny for Gary Sanchez and Red Wagon at Sony. Malen is hot off his script Bastards, which sold last summer to Paramount with Montecito & H2F producing. The Manny is an R-rated comedy about an unemployed (and soon-to-be homeless) recent college grad who, after exhausting all the normal ways of getting a job in the financial world, actually tries nannying his way into one. He figures that if he becomes the manny for the kid of a Wall Street magnate, it will lead to a real job. In the meantime, he’ll be getting paid to live like a prince on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. He’s repped by Verve.
Scribe Justin Malen Hired To Rewrite Sony Feature Comedy 'The Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Fall In Love’: Will This Virtual Reality Program Make You Fall In Love?
- Oscars: France Enters Robin Campillo’s ‘BPM’ In Foreign Language Race
- CAA Signs TIFF Rising Star Jessie Buckley; Primary Wave Signs ‘Human Traces’ Vinnie Bennett
- David Tennant & Elisabeth Moss’ ‘Mad To Be Normal’ Headed To Samuel Goldwyn Films
- ‘Star Wars’ Will Receive Promotional Help From Tie-Ins With Six Major Brands
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Review: Suave British Spies Are Back & The Wacko Formula Still Works For Fans