Justin Malen has been hired to rewrite The Manny for Gary Sanchez and Red Wagon at Sony. Malen is hot off his script Bastards, which sold last summer to Paramount with Montecito & H2F producing. The Manny is an R-rated comedy about an unemployed (and soon-to-be homeless) recent college grad who, after exhausting all the normal ways of getting a job in the financial world, actually tries nannying his way into one. He figures that if he becomes the manny for the kid of a Wall Street magnate, it will lead to a real job. In the meantime, he’ll be getting paid to live like a prince on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. He’s repped by Verve.
Scribe Justin Malen Hired To Rewrite Sony Feature Comedy 'The Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 2 New TV Spots Promote Gotham City, Metropolis & Turkish Airlines
Latest Film News
- Daniel Gerson Dies: Screenwriter On ‘Monsters, Inc’, ‘Big Hero 6’ Was 49
- Super Bowl Ratings Steady With Last Year; Second Highest Overnight Ever
- Industry Icon Stephen Garrett Launching New Company Character Seven, Teaming With Lionsgate + Hulu On ‘The Rook’
- Fortissimo Films Inks Multi-Pic Deal With Chinese Filmmaker Zhang Wei – Berlin
- Netflix Acquires Adolf Hitler Satire ‘Look Who’s Back’
- ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’: 2 New TV Spots Promote Gotham City, Metropolis & Turkish Airlines