Justin Malen has been hired to rewrite The Manny for Gary Sanchez and Red Wagon at Sony. Malen is hot off his script Bastards, which sold last summer to Paramount with Montecito & H2F producing. The Manny is an R-rated comedy about an unemployed (and soon-to-be homeless) recent college grad who, after exhausting all the normal ways of getting a job in the financial world, actually tries nannying his way into one. He figures that if he becomes the manny for the kid of a Wall Street magnate, it will lead to a real job. In the meantime, he’ll be getting paid to live like a prince on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. He’s repped by Verve.
Scribe Justin Malen Hired To Rewrite Sony Feature Comedy 'The Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Dunkirk’ Review: Christopher Nolan Makes A Film About War That Hitchcock Would Have Loved
- ‘Death Note’ Director Adam Wingard Considers President Donald Trump A Supervillain – Comic-Con
- In The Tea Leaves Of Summer, Some (Speculative) Outlines Of A Laura Dern Presidency At The Film Academy
- Post-Cannes, Will Smith Continues To Bang Drum For Netflix As Industry Game Changer: ‘Bright’ At Comic-Con
- ‘Bright’ Trailer: Netflix’s Mega Will Smith Sci-Fi Movie Hits Comic-Con
- ‘The Purge’ Sequel Taps ‘Burning Sands’ Director Gerard McMurray