Justin Malen has been hired to rewrite The Manny for Gary Sanchez and Red Wagon at Sony. Malen is hot off his script Bastards, which sold last summer to Paramount with Montecito & H2F producing. The Manny is an R-rated comedy about an unemployed (and soon-to-be homeless) recent college grad who, after exhausting all the normal ways of getting a job in the financial world, actually tries nannying his way into one. He figures that if he becomes the manny for the kid of a Wall Street magnate, it will lead to a real job. In the meantime, he’ll be getting paid to live like a prince on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. He’s repped by Verve.
Scribe Justin Malen Hired To Rewrite Sony Feature Comedy 'The Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Christopher Nolan Mum On New Project At London Film Festival Talk
- Paramount Extends Brad Grey To 2020 Amid Viacom Efforts To Rebuild Studio
- Cameron Thor Sentencing Postponed As Acting Coach Hires Mark Geragos
- Lionsgate & iQIYI Ink China Streaming Pact; Film Movement Hearts Korea’s ‘My Love, Don’t Cross That River’…
- CAA Book Promises To Surprise, Will Hit Store Shelves Next Summer
- ‘Hail, Caesar!’ Trailer: Coen Brothers’ Latest Looks Like Best-Of Reel (In A Good Way)