Fox Sports Media Group has named Scott Ackerson, EVP and Executive Producer for FSMG, as interim president of cable channel Speed, beginning Jan. 1. He will succeed Hunter Nickell who departs at the end of this month. “Moving forward, every program at Speed has to be of the same high quality you’d find on Fox Sports, and Scott can make that happen,” Fox Sports Media Group Chairman David Hill said. “In addition to overseeing all of Fox Sports’ studio production, Scott led the most successful, most-watched, NFL pregame show for 17 years, and his many talents will benefit Speed on-air immediately.” In addition to his new duties at Speed, Ackerson will continue in his current role at FSMG.
Scott Ackerson Named Interim President Of Speed
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Vice's Shane Smith To Big Media: "Open Sh*t Up" Or Alienate A Generation; Predicts M&A Frenzy; Talks Disney - Edinburgh
Latest TV News
- Britney Spears TV Movie In Works At Lifetime; Natasha Bassett To Star
- Jon Favreau To Direct Seth MacFarlane’s Space Comedic Drama Series For Fox
- Double Emmy Nominee Derek McLane on ‘Hairspray Live’, Lady Gaga And ‘The Wiz!’
- Viceland Taps Ex-NBC Late-Night PR Exec Marc Liepis As Head of Communications
- ‘Nashville’: Connie Britton No Longer Regular; Will She Leave Country Drama?
- ‘Battlefield’-Inspired Live-Action Digital Series To Premiere On Go90