Fox Sports Media Group has named Scott Ackerson, EVP and Executive Producer for FSMG, as interim president of cable channel Speed, beginning Jan. 1. He will succeed Hunter Nickell who departs at the end of this month. “Moving forward, every program at Speed has to be of the same high quality you’d find on Fox Sports, and Scott can make that happen,” Fox Sports Media Group Chairman David Hill said. “In addition to overseeing all of Fox Sports’ studio production, Scott led the most successful, most-watched, NFL pregame show for 17 years, and his many talents will benefit Speed on-air immediately.” In addition to his new duties at Speed, Ackerson will continue in his current role at FSMG.
Scott Ackerson Named Interim President Of Speed
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate