Sacha Baron Cohen is in talks to play bad guy Monsieur Thenardier in Les Miserables, the feature film adaptation of the musical that Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe will headline for director Tom Hooper. Anne Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter and Eddie Redmayne also are aboard for the pic, which is set to begin next year. Matt Lucas, who is playing Thenardier in the musical’s West End production, tweeted the news of Baron Cohen joining the film, according to the British Press Association, though other reports say the Borat star is still just in negotiations for the part. Baron Cohen is plenty busy, currently appearing in Martin Scorsese’s Hugo, his The Dictator is set to bow next year, and he also has a part in Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained. He also already has some musical-adaptation experience, playing Pirelli in Tim Burton’s Sweeney Todd.
Sacha Baron Cohen Talks For 'Les Miserables'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Cecilia Vega & Tom Llamas New ‘ABC World News Tonight’ Weekend Anchors
- John Fairchild, Editor-In-Chief Of Women’s Wear Daily, Dead At 87
- ‘Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson Blames Hippies For STDs In CPAC Speech
- Dominic Pagone Upped To SVP Communications At FX Networks
- Tarak Ben Ammar, Dominique Delport Proposed To Join Vivendi’s Supervisory Board
- Dean Cain, Helen Slater Join ‘Supergirl’ Pilot