Is Roger Ailes thinking about stepping down from his gig as chief of Fox News? That’s a possibility, New York Magazine says in a report about his plans to write an autobiography as he enters “a legacy-burnishing phase of his career.” The magazine cites unnamed sources with “direct knowledge” of the situation who say Ailes, 71, could net an advance of as much as $4M from Rupert Murdoch’s HarperCollins. Ailes is being repped by Washington lawyer Bob Barnett. Fox News contributor Jim Pinkerton, who worked with Ailes on George H.W. Bush’s 1988 presidential campaign, will be co-author. Ailes’ contract at Fox expires in summer 2013.
Fox News Chief Roger Ailes Writing Autobio
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Adds Valarie Pettiford, Ashton Holmes & Chiké Okonkwo
- ‘Before The Flood’ To Premiere Commercial Free Across Nat Geo Global Networks October 30
- ‘The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon’ Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To…
- Freeform Buys 'Bad Dates' Relationship Comedy From 'Veep's Timothy Simons
- Chris McCarthy Adds MTV Oversight With Promotion To President Of MTV, VH1 & Logo
- ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Rise As Seahawks & Cardinals Game Ends In Tie