Is Roger Ailes thinking about stepping down from his gig as chief of Fox News? That’s a possibility, New York Magazine says in a report about his plans to write an autobiography as he enters “a legacy-burnishing phase of his career.” The magazine cites unnamed sources with “direct knowledge” of the situation who say Ailes, 71, could net an advance of as much as $4M from Rupert Murdoch’s HarperCollins. Ailes is being repped by Washington lawyer Bob Barnett. Fox News contributor Jim Pinkerton, who worked with Ailes on George H.W. Bush’s 1988 presidential campaign, will be co-author. Ailes’ contract at Fox expires in summer 2013.
Fox News Chief Roger Ailes Writing Autobio
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records - Box Office Projection
Latest TV News
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?
- Stephen Hopkins To Direct Fox Pilot ‘The Beast’; Jason Ensler To Helm NBC’s ‘Redliners’
- Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-’90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
- Dylan McDermott To Star In Fox Comedy Pilot 'LA -> Vegas'
- ‘Instinct’ CBS Pilot Casts Daniel Ings; NBC’s ‘Spaced Out’ Adds Brett Goldstein
- ‘24: Legacy’ Producers Apologize For Use Of 2013 Nairobi Terror Attack Footage